So the song's not complete, but I'm having a lot of trouble coming up with bass parts that aren't the same as the guitar parts and also I can't think of any new riffs. So I'll put it up here in the hopes that I would get some mad suggestions

As always, crit for crit.
Attachments:
lolidklol.zip
Quote by sheumack111
I allways found that having sex while listening to Tool/Planet X/Dream Theater was hard because every time you tryed o keep the beat they would change time sig, then you would get pissed off and then loose your mojo for the nite.....

I fucking Lol'd
Last edited by rusty-knives at Jun 3, 2015,
I've heard these kinds of riffs in heavy metal, thrash metal, mid-tempo Satyricon-ish black metal and pretty sure that means its not specific enough to belong to any of those genres.

If you put forward a few influences, then it could make sense, and what sort of vocal style would be present.
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
yes every night of my entire life i go to bed crying because i wasnt born american
Well if I was to say what the influences were, I don't really know? I think I was going for a mid/slow tempo 'fiddly' style (so not riding pedal notes too often).
Mostly I want ideas about how to progress with the groove of it so some drum ideas could help me immensely.

Thanks for the reply by the way, any commentary is useful
Quote by sheumack111
I allways found that having sex while listening to Tool/Planet X/Dream Theater was hard because every time you tryed o keep the beat they would change time sig, then you would get pissed off and then loose your mojo for the nite.....

I fucking Lol'd