Question for you guys: is it worth buying an MXR Carbon Copy if you already have a Boss DD-7? Basically I prefer analog delay to digital, and usually my DD-7 stays on the analog delay setting most of the time. Once in a while I switch it to digital depending on my mood, but not that often. Is it worth it for me to get the Carbon Copy? What do you guys think?

Also, if there is a better analog delay that doesn't cost more than the Carbon Copy I would consider it, any suggestions?
Quote by Will Lane
The TC Electronic Flashback is about $169 and has many more options than the DD-7 or the Carbon Copy. You might like it for analog sounds, as well as you might devoted the DD-7 to analog.

I've looked at the Flashback and know they are good. But again, it isn't a DEVOTED analog delay. If there is one thing I've learned over the years its that effects pedals that are devoted to a single tone or effect are generally better at producing that effect than those that aren't. Is the analog delay in the Flashback as good as the Carbon Copy?
Stick with the DD-7. I've owned both and its analog setting i great, I actually prefer it to the CC. Slightly less dark and a more use-able decay taper IMO
it depends on how accurate the dd7's analog model is, how badly you need/want an analogue delay, and whether you also like how analogue delays (the few i've tried, anyway) seem to "feel" slightly different from the digital ones.

(i haven't tried either of those two specific pedals, that's just more general advice.)
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Could be beneficial to have both on your board. You can have some of the more whacky delays with your DD7 and then typical analog echos with the CC.

What Dave said about "feel" is definitely more accurate than a difference in sound between analog delays and analog models in digital delay pedals. Digital delays struggle to replicate the warmth, fullness and slight decomposition of analog delays. However, the average joe isn't gonna know which one is which and basically it's up to you how picky you want to be about your delay sound.

I would also like to recommend the Malekko 616 Ekko. It has way better modulation controls than the CC.
Fender '72 Telecaster Deluxe RI
Schecter C-1 Artist II
1978 Music Man HD130
+ a bunch of neat pedals

screamy emo band
I found the 616 to be too bright. CC has a more vintage sounding repeat IMO. Plus, I don't use the modulation,
I've had the DD-7, the Flashback, and the Carbon Copy. To me, if you just want a great analog delay, the CC is definitely the right pedal.

The Flashback is just a better DD-7. Easy decision for me between those two, but in this situation I don't see much point in moving to the Flashback if you're not going to use all the features.

Between the CC and the Flashback just comes down to if you need the features of the Flashback or if you want the better analog sound from the CC. The analog model on the Flashback is good, but I found that despite all the features and options the Flashback didn't have anything that really blew me away. The CC only does one thing, but if that's the thing you want, it's hard to beat for the price. Beautful, dark warm analog repeats, and the modulation isn't bad either. I don't use it much, but I understand the new ones have a trimpot inside for adjusting the amount of modulation (or some people mod it to put the control on the outside). For all the technology in the Flashback it cannot quite replicate the BBD warmth.

It sounds like you just want a really good analog delay, and the CC is definitely that. As mentioned above, the 616 is quite bright, so that would be another option (there is a "Dark" 616 variant but I haven't tried it). The CC is definitely dark, which I like a lot, but it doesn't suit everyone.
if you're willing to shell out the money for it, id go with the t-rex replica pedal. the best delay i've ever used
Quote by ishredjacksons
if you're willing to shell out the money for it, id go with the t-rex replica pedal. the best delay i've ever used

Asked for suggestions cheaper than the Carbon Copy, suggests a $400 behemoth. The Gear Page is leaking.
Well, his username IS ishredjacksons. Perhaps it refers to these:

Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
I used to own both. I liked having both options and being able to stack them together. The carbon copy is an awesome delay and its oscillations are incredible
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by iwannabesedated
I found the 616 to be too bright. CC has a more vintage sounding repeat IMO. Plus, I don't use the modulation,

There's also a "dark" model. I own one.
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/amplifiers-effects/malekko-heavy-industry-ekko-616-mkii-dark-analog-delay-guitar-effects-pedal?rNtt=malekko%20616&index=1
Fender '72 Telecaster Deluxe RI
Schecter C-1 Artist II
1978 Music Man HD130
+ a bunch of neat pedals

screamy emo band