hello people, lol i made this account just to ask this question.

I have a guitar with an edge zero 2 ,its my first guitar with a floyd rose, i abused the crap out of it when i first got it, crazy bends, divebombs, and lifting the guitar up with the bar, til i broke a string a month later. so i got new strings (d addario xl120 9-42) and now i cant bend the G, B, And high e strings 2 step, and when i pulled up the bar the high e string snapped. How do i make my guitar feel like how it used to ????oh and btw im thirteen and i cant drive my self to a guitar tech lol
First off, are you buying the same set of strings? Same brand, same gauge and everything? Because if it's not the same it won't feel the same. Are you sure you didn't mix up your E and B string when you put them on? Because that B is an 11 in a 9 set so if you put that on your E it would make a difference.

Second, do you know how to set up your trem or are you just cutting strings off and replacing strings?
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Pretty much the only thing that can be is that the strings you have put on are a heavier gauge than the ones that were on before. If that is the case then the floating bridge will be pointing out from the body due to the increased tension.

Make sure you put the right strings in the right place.

New strings are going to be slightly tighter anyway, so I always stretch them as I put them on. If they are so tight that pulling the tremolo back snaps them then you have a problem.
When you put the strings on, did you give them a lot of slack, wind a bit, stretch them and then finish winding them? Or did you put them in with no slack and just wound them til they were in tune? Doing the latter is a good way to snap strings prematurely.
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
im using the same gauge of strings but i dont know if its the same brand. im pretty sure i didnt mix up the e string and the b string.

and yes i know how to setup a floyd rose, i got it parallel to the body and its in standard tuning
Quote by Acϵ♠
When you put the strings on, did you give them a lot of slack, wind a bit, stretch them and then finish winding them? Or did you put them in with no slack and just wound them til they were in tune? Doing the latter is a good way to snap strings prematurely.

i gave a lot a of slack and a lot of winds so i can reuse the string, and stretched them.