Oh boy, this is my first NGD here. So, I got this beast at a local guitar store and it just blew me away, it feels like i'm getting a boner just from holding the neck. I don't know if it's just me but ibby's neck are just out of this world. When I first held this guitar, I knew that there's no way in hell I'm going home empty handed that day.

So, first off, It's an RGA321 2009 Prestige Model Made in Japan came in Sapphire Blue finish Mahogany body(most RG's comes in basswood) with flamed maple top, 5pc. Maple/Walnut Wizard prestige neck also changed the stock Ibanez LoZ pickups to Duncan Blackouts which is pretty metal as it can get. Standard 25.5" scale, 24 Jumbo frets with Rosewood fingerboard, Gotoh tuners, Gibraltar plus fixed bridge which could take time getting used to i was kinda struggling on my palm mute at first but still very comfortable to play.

I'm pretty much a huge sucker for superstrats and the RG's pretty much defines what a superstrat should be(to me). Totally loved the neck and the AANJ bolt-on doesn't really gets in the way when accessing the upper fret areas. Fret edge are very smooth, what you'd expect from a prestige model but had a little bit of buzz when i got it. I will probably have this set up for B standard. Anyways, here's some pics, Enjoy!

PICS
Last edited by minuskill at Jun 3, 2015,
Good lord that beautiful!!
I shouldn't post when drunk..

07 LTD MH400NT SD SH2/SH5
15 Jackson SLATHX-m 3-7 Slime green
Squier std tele (modded to hell)

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h
Zilla Superfatboy 2x12 v30's

Pedals

HNGD!!!
Jackson DK-2 [2004 MIJ] (EMG 81/SA)
Jackson RR-3 [2007 MIJ] (EMG 81/60)
Ibanez RG370DX [2009] (EMG 81/60)
Epiphone Les Paul Custom [2004] (EMG 81/85)
Ltd/Esp M-17 7-String [2013] (EMG 81-7 set)
Bugera 333XL 120watt Tube Head, Crate BV412 Cab
I was pumped just from hearing about it. And then the pics.=/ They did NOT LET ME DOWN!=D HNGD! Loving that natural wood binding!
Quote by Roc8995
Yes, and people still got polio and you had to crank your car up by hand and put whale oil in the lamps every night.

Things are better now.

Quote by dannyalcatraz
Style is in the hands. Taste is in the hands. But tone? Tone is in the gear.
excellent
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Haha thanks guys!! So far, the Blackouts is serving me well but what do you guys think if i should i change it to some Bareknuckle? but i haven't have that much experience on those pickups.

EDIT: I mostly play high gain sounds/dirty crunch so yeah, this isn't the guitar for my clean sounds
Last edited by minuskill at Jun 3, 2015,
Quote by minuskill
Haha thanks guys!! So far, the Blackouts is serving me well but what do you guys think if i should i change it to some Bareknuckle? but i haven't have that much experience on those pickups.

EDIT: I mostly play high gain sounds/dirty crunch so yeah, this isn't the guitar for my clean sounds

I'd personally stick with the Blackouts. Especially if you use high gain.

If you're not happy with the blackouts, take the chance. But if you're happy, don't fix what isn't broken.

Best bet is to try the pups out before you buy, so you can see if you prefer them over the Blackouts.
Jackson DK-2 [2004 MIJ] (EMG 81/SA)
Jackson RR-3 [2007 MIJ] (EMG 81/60)
Ibanez RG370DX [2009] (EMG 81/60)
Epiphone Les Paul Custom [2004] (EMG 81/85)
Ltd/Esp M-17 7-String [2013] (EMG 81-7 set)
Bugera 333XL 120watt Tube Head, Crate BV412 Cab
Congrats. She's a keeper!
Guitars:
Ibanez RG1570 Prestige
Jackson Kelly KE3 - MIJ (Distortion/Jazz)
Jackson DKMGT Dinky (EMG 81/85)
ESP E-II Eclipse Custom (JB/'59)
ESP LTD EC-1001FR (EMG 81/60)
Fender MIM Strat

Amps:
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster 212
Laney IronHeart IRT-Studio
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey ReValver Amp Sims
TOOOO many T.C. Electronic Pedals. . .
Quote by minuskill

I'd stick with the Blackouts myself. I'm a fan of them from what I've heard and played on a LITTLE bit...I'm an EMG guy right now. So I'd throw in some form of chrome covered EMG's in there. Maybe a Het Set or the trusty 81/85 combo. Give these a look. I think the chromes would look sick in there.

http://www.emgpickups.com/guitar/signature-sets/active/jh-het-set.html
Quote by Roc8995
Yes, and people still got polio and you had to crank your car up by hand and put whale oil in the lamps every night.

Things are better now.

Quote by dannyalcatraz
Quote by GraceByDeath
I'd stick with the Blackouts myself. I'm a fan of them from what I've heard and played on a LITTLE bit...I'm an EMG guy right now. So I'd throw in some form of chrome covered EMG's in there. Maybe a Het Set or the trusty 81/85 combo. Give these a look. I think the chromes would look sick in there.

http://www.emgpickups.com/guitar/signature-sets/active/jh-het-set.html

Yeah i'm very happy with the blackouts aswell, i might just let them stay in it for now. Actually I don't have much experience on EMG's since blackouts are the only actives i have and the first pickups change i've ever made lol. Is there like a drastic change from Blackouts to EMG's on my sound?
Ah nice, im a big fan of Ibby's with fixed bridges.

Colour reminds me of my old teachers Custom model too so win
Bands:
Native State
A Titan, A Deity
Rash L.A

Gear:
PRS P245 Semi Hollow
Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec
Mayones Regius 7 Buckeye Burl
LSL CVS Studio Strat
Fender American Standard Tele
Faith Hi Gloss Venus

Mesa Lonestar Special
Bugera 333
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Line 6 PodHD500
Blue. Perfect.

HNGD!
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Quote by minuskill
Yeah i'm very happy with the blackouts aswell, i might just let them stay in it for now. Actually I don't have much experience on EMG's since blackouts are the only actives i have and the first pickups change i've ever made lol. Is there like a drastic change from Blackouts to EMG's on my sound?

Well I've had very limited experience with Blackouts myself, but EMG's I've heard are more "sterile" and such. Personally I like it. They do what they do best. I use the 81/85 combo and the 81/89 combo so far and they're pretty great. I'm trying to find a good comparison online, but they all seem very biased. Pretty much have to be. When the "settings stay the same" that means they most likely set it up with one pickup in mind. I love my EMG's but if the guitars I bought had come with Blackouts I'd probably love them too.

EDIT: I'm assuming that's what happens. Maybe they just spin them to numbers they like.>.>
Quote by Roc8995

Things are better now.

Quote by dannyalcatraz
Last edited by GraceByDeath at Jun 5, 2015,
Looks awesome!
Just another Sheep in the design of the Almighty Machine.

-GEAR-
Gibson 60s Les Paul Tribute (Sunburst)
1999 Ibanez RG470 (TitaniumIce-MIJ)
Jackson RR3 (Trans-Red)
Peavey 6505+
Podx3
Quote by Ippon
Nice!

What are you playing it through?

currently i'm running through blackstar 30 watt id:series ss amp. I have the 5150 combo before but had to get rid of it cus wayyyy too loud for apartment use lol. It still does it job well but not as good as the combo.