Okay! so, I am having a lot of problems with hum, I turn my amp on, 50hz, I plug my guitar into my fast track>Laptop, 50hz! I plug into my pod with headphones, 50hz!!! it wont stop, its making my playing miserable, demotivating me, can't tell how well im playing and so on, but the other day I used my amp outside as a speaker for my music whilst I was doing some work out there, when I was done I unplugged my phone but forgot to turn the amp off, it was about 2 metres from the front of the house, I moved the amp to the front door whilst clearing up and the hum started real faint, then I took it in and it kicked in again! what is going on!!!! please somebody help me
Assuming you live in the UK, I expect your 50Hz hum is power lines creating fields picked up by the guitar. "Humbuckers" are designed to reject this hum by creating it in a + and - in the two bobbins and adding them together to cancel it while preserving the string's sound.

When you are away from all of the household electrical wires and the items plugged in to them, thereby eliminating the source of much of the hum, it will subside on your guitar signal (i.e. when you were outside of the house).

Even with humbucker pickups the guitar shielding needs to be good to minimize this hum, covering as much of the wiring as possible, and with low resistance (meaning well connected electrically to the shield of your amplifier cable). If there is a poor connection anywhere, including in your cord or amplifier, then the hum will be stronger. You might even find that it is dependent on the angle of the guitar as you hold it and move it around.

In an interesting talk, Deep Purple's Steve Morse once said that he tests the stage for hum and noise during a soundcheck by playing in different locations and angles on the stage. He will then remember where and how to stand for quiet passages in a song where the hum will be more noticeable in order to keep it down.

Guitarist Jeff Healy once told me how frustrated he was with the hum of his Stratocaster.

Given all of this, it seems that the objective is to minimize it but accept that it is impossible to eliminate it. Check for good shielding and grounding at least, and get a good quality cord. You also need to confirm that your home wiring is correctly grounded ('the "Earth" connection is good') for safety (and guitar player) purposes.
Suggestions:
-Check your guitar's ground wire. This is a usually black wire connecting the bridge to the back of the volume control.
-Check for shielding. The electronics cavity on most guitars is either lined with foil or painted with conductive paint. This helps keep interference down. If your guitar doesn't have this, you can use aluminium foil. Just make sure it doesn't cause any short circuits.
-Use a high quality shielded cable.
-Buy a noise gate (which effectively turns your volume to zero as soon as you stop playing) or a hum debugger (which filters out signals at 50-60 hz)

EDIT: why is the word kitchen censored? *******
One more thing to add to the last post: Aluminum foil will work but it forms an insulating oxide that makes it hard to get a good electrical connection to it, and if the connection is not low resistance it will not perform well in reducing hum. Copper foil is much easier to connect electrically.