Currently my rig is

guitar > big muff > 535Q Wah > MXR analog chorus > MXR univibe > MXR carbon copy > amp

I am wondering if I correctly set this up. I also notice that my chorus pedal seems very lacking in influence over my sound. Said pedal is new and I have only been messing with settings for a couple hours but I find it odd that its effect is so poorly perceptible.
They don't sleep anymore on the beach..
I have the same issue when I'm standing too close to my amp or if the speakers are not pointed at my ears.

Try tipping your amp/cabinet back a bit and you should be able to hear it better.
Fender '72 Telecaster Deluxe RI
Schecter C-1 Artist II
1978 Music Man HD130
+ a bunch of neat pedals

screamy emo band
Depending on what you have, you can try like wedging a small box underneath it. I used a USPS small flat rate box for awhile. You gotta put it together.

Turn the pedal on and strum a chord and kneel next to your amp and to find out if you can hear the chorus.
Schecter C-1 Artist II
1978 Music Man HD130
+ a bunch of neat pedals

screamy emo band
Try different chorus settings/entire rig settings. If all of those effects are on, especially the UniVibe which is kind of a Phaser/Chorus crossbreed, you won't be able to hear much of an impact from the chorus. Even the highest settings of chorus are milder than mid - high settings on phasers and flangers. If you can hear the chorus clearly when it's the only effect on in the chain (given that you have quality cables) then the pedal is definitely not the issue.

Also try running the Chorus, UniVibe and Carbon Copy through the effects loop, in that order. You may or may not like the difference in tone that produces, but I'd think that placing the chorus after the pre - amp is ought to bring it out a little more, especially on distorted tones. The opposite may also be true, so experiment with what you like the sound of. General notions are just that, if you like the sound of what doesn't follow them, then that's how you should have it. However, take my words with a grain of salt, as while I've tried different pedals in different places in different chains, I've never really payed attention as to where they sound more prominent.
The above post is in terms of 'YMMV' and 'IMO', etc...

Quote by Offworld92
This debate is exhausting to read.
The guitar world is drowned in fairy dust.
We need to start at the very beginning. What is tone.
Put your amp on a chair or stool. Or if you want something a little more pro looking, almost every guitar shop/site sells amps stands which are especially great if you gig.

Try putting your pedals in different orders. While there are many sites that give a rough estimate of where you should put them, your ears are the best judge.
Quote by JD Close
Piano dick had some good parts, but should have said "As the business man slowly gets boned", would have accented the whole dick feeling of the album
Chorus is an odd effect in the signal chain, I would usually say put in the effects loop, at least, that's what I would suggest if you had one. If you use the chorus a lot move it higher in the chain to get the best signal, and see what you get. I usually put my chorus (on a non FX Loop Amp) at the very end of my signal chain, even behind delay. It's not that it's right, it's just how I do it. But I don't use Chorus that much, so.

Bottom line, experiment, experiment, experiment. If you haven't tore your board apart at least two times this month, you're not experimenting enough.
1981 Gibson Les Paul Custom (Black Beauty)
1980 Marshall JMP 2204
Try the chorus in the loop if you have one.

As for raising and pointing the amp, try this:

http://www.guitarcenter.com/ProLine-PL7000-Adjustable-Amp-Stand-107222887-i1461023.gc

It supports my 100 lb combo amps just fine.

EDIT: You will also finally hear what your amp is supposed to sound like. . . Every new guitarist should get an amp stand and also a foot rest for playing sitting down. They are gold. . .
Guitars:
Ibanez RG1570 Prestige
Jackson Kelly KE3 - MIJ (Distortion/Jazz)
Jackson DKMGT Dinky (EMG 81/85)
ESP E-II Eclipse Custom (JB/'59)
ESP LTD EC-1001FR (EMG 81/60)
Fender MIM Strat

Amps:
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster 212
Laney IronHeart IRT-Studio
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey ReValver Amp Sims
TOOOO many T.C. Electronic Pedals. . .
Last edited by metalmingee at Jun 4, 2015,
i usually have my wah first. chorus tends to work better if it is the only time based effect going. once you start adding delay etc it tends to get lost especially if the signal is distorted.
Pretty much every time when I run my chorus, its the only effect I have on.
With a clean signal.
Maybe sometimes a phaser set quite subtle (EVH Phase 90 set at around 9 0'Clock), which I have before the chorus.
Maybe a mild delay (400ms or so) after the chorus sometimes.
If you are running the univibe along with the chorus, the univibe is gonna overpower the effect of the chorus.
I also usually do muff after wah .+ 1 on the chorus, univibe, delay in the fx loop. The order you had those 3 in is pretty standard.
Charvel So-Cal (SH6TB/N, killswitch), Jackson RR5FR (TB6/Jazz, Drop C). Joyo pxl pro.
Loop1=Crybaby from hell, Boss PS-5, Seymour Duncan 805 or Green Rhino, EQD Hoof or Earthbound Audio Super Collider. Loop 1 into ISP Decimator II.
Loop 2 (FX loop)-Line6 M9, TC Spark Mini. Loop 2 into mxr 10band. All into a Peavey Triple XXX 212, Ibanez IL15.
I used to run my chorus pedal in the effects loop, but then I got an amp without an effects loop and I run it in front of the amp. I think it sounds a touch more prominent than it did in the effects loop. Also, I find that overdrive and distortion effects play a huge role in how noticeable the chorus effect is. On a clean signal, I have to turn up the chorus quite a bit to be able to hear it, but when I kick in the overdrive it's way too loud. From that I have learned to trust the subtly of the chorus pedal.

But the biggest difference in sound with chorus comes from where speakers are pointing.
Schecter C-1 Artist II
1978 Music Man HD130
+ a bunch of neat pedals

screamy emo band