Hey all, I might go to a friend of mine and take lessons
He's been teaching and playing for a long time,
I think he can help me I need somebody to push me iam kinda lazy lol.
I enjoy playing the guiatr I wanna get better,
So u think it's a good idea, all I do now is just do chord changes
It is always a good idea. If the teacher is good and you have the disposable income then it's a good idea.
lessons are a great idea. just make sure the teacher actually teaches you things. many "teachers" these days just show how to play a song (sorta) without giving you the needed background to help you be an actually better player.

i took lessons many years ago and drove my teacher nuts cuz he had to come up with new excercises etc every week that would teach me some different aspect of playing. sure parts of songs were used to illustrate what was being taught but it wasn't just showing me a song. i finally broke down and had him teach me Megadeth's Wake Up Dead (this was in the late 80s). he had to work so hard on learning the song for me that he ended up playing it in his band
Yeah this guy is good he won't steer me wrong and the lessons will be cheap
And I will go for like 6 months
Quote by Tazz3
Yeah this guy is good he won't steer me wrong and the lessons will be cheap
And I will go for like 6 months

Early on, I decided 6 months worth of lessons would be of immeasureable help to me, and they were.

Now, after some 18 months of lessons, I see it would be to my great benefit to continue indefinitely.

It's like the more I learn, the more there IS to learn.

Good luck!
Quote by Atomic Wedgie
Early on, I decided 6 months worth of lessons would be of immeasureable help to me, and they were.

Now, after some 18 months of lessons, I see it would be to my great benefit to continue indefinitely.

It's like the more I learn, the more there IS to learn.

Good luck!

Wow so u been talking 18 months of lessons cool
Yeah. I started out with one of the better known internet lesson sites, after having been shown a couple of open chords. I got stuck after a few months and decided 6 months worth of lessons would get me over the hump.

A few months after stopping the lessons I was stuck WAY worse than the first time, and went back to the private lessons. I'm now a little more than a year in, with the second lesson go around, and wishing almost daily that I'd never taken that break.

I didn't know enough to even begin to recognize the scope of what I didn't know. Likely I still don't.