So my recent octaver pedal died (Behringer... nuff said) Now I really want a new one, and I was pleasantly surprised to see a new POG in the form of the nano POG. From what I've read up on, it features slightly better tracking than before, and is smaller. Now that's £150 (£10 more than the Micro) so I thought I'd get that.

But now I've seen something else that has tempted me. The EHX Epitome. The only other things I'm missing from my pedal board is a delay and chorus. This pedal has all 3, and also includes reverb and flanger, which I'm not too fussed about but I guess would be handy to have.

Now do I cough up the extra £70 or so and get that? Or should I prioritise the POG and go for that which may be the better pedal for just octaves? The octave effect is the main priority here, but if I can kill 3 birds with 1 stone, and I'm already spending £150, would you suggest coughing up the extra and getting the Epitome?

Also, with that epitome, would it sit in my effects loop? I understand octavers are a preamp sort of pedal, while delays and modulators should be in the loop.
Gibson SG (Goddess - Violet Burst / Standard - Alpine White)
Laney Ironheart 120W and Celestion V30's

(Front) Polytune 2 noir > Cry Baby Wah 105Q Bass > Octave Multiplexer > BAT Pharaoh Fuzz > MXR Line Driver
(Loop) ISP Decimator G String II > Hardwire Supernatural
Voodoo Labs PP2
I have one.

The Epitome combines EHX's Micro-POG, Stereo Electric Mistress and their Holy Grail Plus in one housing. All 3 pedals are pretty good separately, and the combo loses nothing (near as I can tell). The one quirk is, as you noted, where to put it in your chain. I still haven't decided for myself, so I can't help you there.

If you don't want to deal with that issue, one Octaver option would be the Catalinbread Pegasus octave fuzz. Niiiiice pedal.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Quote by dannyalcatraz
I have one.

The Epitome combines EHX's Micro-POG, Stereo Electric Mistress and their Holy Grail Plus in one housing. All 3 pedals are pretty good separately, and the combo loses nothing (near as I can tell). The one quirk is, as you noted, where to put it in your chain. I still haven't decided for myself, so I can't help you there.

If you don't want to deal with that issue, one Octaver option would be the Catalinbread Pegasus octave fuzz. Niiiiice pedal.

I already have a fuzz pedal, so I'm looking for a more dedicated octaver unit. I will mainly only use sub octave, and I'd like good tracking for power chords, etc. I guess the octave up will come in handy for clean stuff.

How would you rate the Epitome combined with distortion? Unfortunately I see most demos for the POG and Epitome used with cleans, where as I'll be using quite heavy distortion.

I do like the idea of all 3 being used within one 9V spot though, very handy! Less patch cables and power cables hanging around
Gibson SG (Goddess - Violet Burst / Standard - Alpine White)
Laney Ironheart 120W and Celestion V30's

(Front) Polytune 2 noir > Cry Baby Wah 105Q Bass > Octave Multiplexer > BAT Pharaoh Fuzz > MXR Line Driver
(Loop) ISP Decimator G String II > Hardwire Supernatural
Voodoo Labs PP2
Haven't tried it with much fuzz or distortion yet- I bought it specifically to use with a B9 and C9.

It has sounded OK with the little distortion I have combined it with.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!