Hey guys, I'm not sure where to post this, but it seems like this is the right place. I just recently started my first recording with my acoustic and a mic, but after i listened to it in Audacity the guitar didn't really seem acoustic. I mean you could tell it was acoustic but it had kind of a clean electric guitar sound to it. Is there anything that I can do to edit this to make it sound like more of an acoustic? Thanks in advance.

p.s. I dont have the best mic but it's a decent blue snowball and it records voice and everything else I've recorded fine
Quote by ManlyBran
Hey guys, I'm not sure where to post this, but it seems like this is the right place. I just recently started my first recording with my acoustic and a mic, but after i listened to it in Audacity the guitar didn't really seem acoustic. I mean you could tell it was acoustic but it had kind of a clean electric guitar sound to it. Is there anything that I can do to edit this to make it sound like more of an acoustic? Thanks in advance.

p.s. I dont have the best mic but it's a decent blue snowball and it records voice and everything else I've recorded fine

Can you post a clip?

Where on the guitar did you point the mic?
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
I'm new to this site, how do i post a clip of it? And i pointed the mic a little down the fret board
Upload to soundcloud and paste a link here, that's the easiest way.

The mic was pointing at the fretboard? Around the 12th fret or so, maybe?
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Quote by ManlyBran
https://soundcloud.com/manlybran/acoustic-test
This is after i edited it and what not

It was about there on the fret board. the mic is round so it doesn't only capture sound at what it points at though

Can you upload a version without any editing? This sound completely fake to me, I have no idea what's happening to your signal.

I know how mics work, I'm just curious where you directed it. You get a VERY different sound pointing at the neck as opposed to the body. Are you running it in omni or cardioid? It should be in cardioid and for the fullest tone, you should (generally) point it at the neck joint. Seems like you have that part under control, though.

What kind of guitar is this?
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Quote by Sid McCall
Can you upload a version without any editing? This sound completely fake to me, I have no idea what's happening to your signal.

I know how mics work, I'm just curious where you directed it. You get a VERY different sound pointing at the neck as opposed to the body. Are you running it in omni or cardioid? It should be in cardioid and for the fullest tone, you should (generally) point it at the neck joint. Seems like you have that part under control, though.

What kind of guitar is this?

I think he's trolling because that sounded like a computer program. Both the digital sound and the inorganic playing of it.
Quote by TLGuitar
I think he's trolling because that sounded like a computer program. Both the digital sound and the inorganic playing of it.

Yeah I got the same feeling, but it's possible that some terrible effects can do that to a signal, especially if you overlay a midi translation (but that's some fairly advanced stuff).
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Glad that others thought the same thing I did. My first thought was MIDI - it sounded inorganic. The timing also sounded weird - computer generated. Worst sounding acoustic guitar in the world. The other thing that gave it away was the rapid succession of notes near the end. Rather unnatural sounding.