I've never gotten around to watching Metallica's Some Kind of Monster, though I know the basic story. I've seen a couple of scenes on YouTube, namely Lars' infamous "He focking left the band!" outburst. Some of my friends love it, saying they love the honesty of how the band members confronted their personal demons, while other people I know thought it was painful watching them crying and how immature and egotistical they seemed to be at times. What do you guys think? Is it worth watching?
Ive watched like five minutes of it, idk I dont tend to watch documentaries of albums I dont like
I don't like horrors
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
It's worth a watch, I watched it before I was even that interested in Metallica and still found it really interesting. It's not long (from what I remember) so you're not risking much, and IMO it gives a lot of justification to St. Anger, an album that most bash to death without even knowing what the band was going through at the time, making it a necessary album. If you like Metallica give it a whirl.
Quote by MeGaDeth2314
it's Metallica so I'm just gonna go ahead and say no

what if it was a megadeth documentary. And there were 2314 copies sold?
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
Quote by Baby Joel

then it failed miserably like it probably deserved to.
Quote by Baby Joel

It would have sold more if the soundtrack had a version of Peace sells with alternate lyrics, like:

"Whaddaya mean I don't believe in letting other band members contribute song ideas?
I just never actually use them"
and so on.
I'm not even a Metallica fan and I found it somewhat interesting.
Check out my band Disturbed
It's worth a watch. My "Metallica4life" phase was in high school so the I haven't really had the urge to rewatch it in a while. What was interesting for me about it was all the early demos/riffs/songs actually had potential to sound good...then sh!t happened and we got St. Anger..
If your lifestyle determines your deathstyle then go for it.

I'd pass just on the merit of that lyric.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
I remember it being pretty interesting. Give it a go OP.
Quote by MakinLattes
I'd kill you and wear your skin.
Quote by Siv During Livh
To attempt to have intercourse with a hornet's nest is a very bad idea,

Voted UG's worst cross dresser.
Also voted #95 on UG's Top 100 2013. Like it means anything....
Watch it. Before you know it you'll be watching Keeping Up with the Kardashians and debating whether or not to put a bullet in your brain
Quote by SG_dave at #33549256
I've never wanted to see a guy eat dick so much in my life.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7 at #33553650
If you are white, you are scum.
Its worth watching for the sole purpose of seeing Kirk Hammett fail at playing his own riff and watching Lars cry
~GEAR~

'93 Fender Duo Sonic Reissue

'84 ProCo Smallbox RAT->Fulltone OCD->Akai E2 Headrush->Acoustic Model 470/Acoustic 105 4x12
It's not too bad...it gets a bit monotonous at times, and Phil Towle is such a quack......

But if you've got some time to kill, it's got some interesting stuff in it about their history
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
‘Cause there's nothing here for you my dear
And everything must pass