Do Celestion speakers have two sets of model numbers?

Say you were googling the celestion model G12H-75. You would be given multiple listings including a listing for the celestion pdp for that speaker From here you can confirm the model is G12 H by looking at the picture of the speaker. It's not G12H-75, but close enough. (Actually why isn't the model number G12H-75?)

If you are however looking on retail 3rd party websites, you will find other "model numbers" for some celestion speakers. Example: If you google celestion T5891, you will be given multiple listings including a listing on this PruBuy page for the same celestion speaker.

What is this other model number? Is it a retail specific model number? I guess what I'm asking is, what is the real model number? T5891 or G12 H?

Thanks
Just a guess....

Model number is G12H-75
And T5891 may be some other identifier for it for manufacturer or seller, maybe for tracking, stocking, or bookkeeping purposes.

Its a very common practice for every industry to have a model number (G12H-75) and Item number (T5891) for a single product.

Like I said, just a guess.
Last edited by CodeMonk at Jun 4, 2015,
Quote by CodeMonk
Just a guess....

Model number is G12H-75
And T5891 may be some other identifier for it for manufacturer or seller, maybe for tracking, stocking, or bookkeeping purposes.

Its a very common practice for every industry to have a model number (G12H-75) and Item number (T5891) for a single product.

Like I said, just a guess.

Yeah... I emailed them directly and this is what they said:

"G12H-75 would be the product name.

T5891 is the internal part number, we call it the T number, and is the method we use to identify specific products. For example, it’s how we would differentiate between the 8 ohm and the 16 ohm version of the G12H-75"

Thanks