Ok, so about a year ago I picked up this Squier Strat from a pawn shop and have been trying to work out just what the hell it is. There was no serial number and it doesn't seem to match up to any of the models on the Fender website.

It has 22 frets and the headstock logo is black, 2 features which seem to be mutually exclusive of eachother on every model I can find. There is no skunk stripe on the back of the neck and the profile feels more thin and flat than any other start neck I have played.

One final point to add is this thing is the heaviest Strat I have ever come across, seriously this thing is Les Paul heavy.

Thanks in advance for any help.
(Invalid img)
Last edited by N1ghtmar3C1n3ma at Jun 5, 2015,
I just see a headstock. Anymore photos?
Quote by Roc8995
Yes, and people still got polio and you had to crank your car up by hand and put whale oil in the lamps every night.

Things are better now.

Quote by dannyalcatraz
Style is in the hands. Taste is in the hands. But tone? Tone is in the gear.
We need more pics.

That being said, it could be a mid 90s Affinity Stratocaster. Those came with 22 frets, smaller headstock. 6 point trem and ceramics. Serial number should read NCxxxxxx and would be on the neck plate IIRC.

but yeah, more pics if you could. For all we know it could just be a random neck with a Squier logo.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Hey guys, sorry it took a while, my phone decided to hate imgur for a bit. A few points, the bridge, tuners and nut were all replaced by myself. The original hardware was chrome standard Fender style hardware.

The neck plate is blank.
http://imgur.com/Y9QdnIq,8S51dsN,25jn1WC,D18O6ic,JWaQst8,AE6OfVj,2tpztTH,KFpTCA6,8TYspUK,3fR1EMy,POOcYOz,V9sPEcr

You will have to excuse my girlfriend's butt in the background of one of the pics lol.
No numbers in the neck pocket or the butt of the neck?

was the original trem a vintage style one or 2-point?
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
No none at all there was a serial number sticker on the neck heel which started CAE which apparently meant it was made in China but that's all I could gather.

The original trem was a vintage 6 point.

If it turns out to be a fake I won't mind, it was 30 quid and I bought it to completely overhaul for fun, I am replacing the electronics and pickups soon, already got a lovely tortoise shell pickguard routed for HH.
If I were to guess, the neck could be a 96-98 Affinity Strat with the Affinity logo rubbed off. Same style font and positioning for the most part.

The body I'm not sure of. I don't think I've seen a Squier that has a CNC jig hole far back like that or one with a '3' in the pocket (but I mean they make tons of these guitars so it could be possible). Hopefully somebody else can chime it.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Honestly, my guess is the neck could be a pre-affinity chinese neck from the mid-90's. The Affinity series didn't show up until 97. I don't see any signs that anything was rubbed off. The only thing that would have been rubbed off is the "by Fender" that would appear in the round part at the end of the headstock. Seems like an odd thing to remove.

Measure the thickness of the body, that will give you some ideas. Pre 96/97 squiers tended to have a standard body thickness, and afterwards the body was slimmed down a bit - if memory serves me correctly. If I'm off, someone can correct me.
Gear: Gibson Les Paul Studio, Gibson SG Special, Fender Stratocaster, Fender Telecaster, Fender Jazzmaster, Gretsch Pro Jet, Carvin C350, Epiphone ES-339 P90, Epiphone ES-335 Pro. Peavey 6505, Sovtek MIG-100, Vox AC30, Peavey XXX.
Quote by ThunderPunk
The only thing that would have been rubbed off is the "by Fender" that would appear in the round part at the end of the headstock. Seems like an odd thing to remove.

Which is what I was talking about. I just said affinity logo cause I was assuming it was such.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Last edited by H4T3BR33D3R at Jun 5, 2015,
Thanks for the input guys, so I guess this is some kind of parts caster? There doesn't seem to be any signs of wear on the headstock in person either. The body seems to be about an inch and a half to an inch and three quarters thick, I'll have a root around and see if I can find a tape measure or something for an exact figure.