I've had a Fender Mustang III for about 2 years now and I've been considering getting it traded in at Andertons or selling it on Ebay to get the money to buy the Fender Mustang IV. This is because the stereo capabilities of the IV appeal to me and it seems like a nice idea to get a bigger amp for when I need it. Looking at prices, this would set me back £100 minimum so I'm unsure of whether it's worth it just for stereo. Need some advice over what is best.

Thanks in advance
Hey I owned a mustang III and thought it was good at the time, but then I upgraded to a blues junior and, oh my god, I was blown away. Once you hear sound those tubes pump out, you wont care about features. If I were you I'd sell your mustang and buy a BJ, you'll fall in love with it.
But just in case, what is it you like about your mustang (or would want from a IV?)
I really love the mustang because of all the effects. Wah, delay, chorus, phaser and flanger without having to spend hundreds on pedals. The main reason I'm looking at the IV is the stereo capabilities, the increased output and the new amps and effects in v2. The blues junior looks great but it's way out of what I can afford and I'd be losing all the effects I use. I more need to know if anyone who owns a IV thinks the extra £100 is worth the features it adds.
Going from one Mustang to another is just a step sideways, not forward. Just keep your Mustang III until you afford a proper upgrade. That is, a tube amp, with a few pedals for your effects.
Guitars
Schecter Hellraiser C-1FR, C-1 Classic, Hellraiser Hybrid Solo-II, Special Edition E-1FR-S
Orange Rockerverb 50 212
Basses
Yamaha RBX374 and Washburn MB-6
^ yep no use getting the same basic amp you already have, save for a good amp.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
And just to add it in there, OP, unless you're going to use two separate cabs, the stereo capability of the IV means nothing. And that is the only thing besides size that is added to the IV that you don't already have with the III. And it's still a solid state modeling amp, so the extra size isn't going to get you THAT much louder. Like, if you're looking to be able to play a large concert with the thing, the IV won't be any better than the III, and will still have to miked and separately amplified.

So yeah, to reiterate, NOT worth spending money. It's not an upgrade. If you didn't already own an amp, and were trying to choose between the Mustang III or the IV, I'd definitely recommend the IV, but it's not worth spending more money to get the IV when you already have the III.
Guitars
Schecter Hellraiser C-1FR, C-1 Classic, Hellraiser Hybrid Solo-II, Special Edition E-1FR-S
Orange Rockerverb 50 212
Basses
Yamaha RBX374 and Washburn MB-6
Yeah, what you're saying makes complete sense. Think I'm going to wait and save up a bit. Going to definitely have a look at the blues junior.
Quote by TimHargreaves
Yeah, what you're saying makes complete sense. Think I'm going to wait and save up a bit. Going to definitely have a look at the blues junior.

Look at a used mesa dc2/dc3, $500-$600 and a very good sounding versatile amp.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by JFH59
sell your mustang and buy a BJ

Good way to get yourself into trouble with the wife.
Squier Strat
Behringer Fuzz
GFT-90