Does anyone have experience with playing shows in the mornings/afternoons? I have been writing and rehearsing songs but I started working an evening job(4pm-1:30am). It's just me and another guitarist at the moment and we have been looking for members to complete a full band but we would be cool with just us two playing smaller shows. Any advice?
That's a thing?

Closest i been to anything that early are one day 'fests' on a weekend that start from like 12:30 and finish at 23:00. No one turns up till like 3pm.
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
Yeah, you could be a dj instead and do some late shows.
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
afternoon shows are the sort of thing you have on a sunday afternoon in an Australian country pub

never heard of anyone starting before midday unless its like some sort of day out like a fair with a country band or something that start at 0800 when the gates open.
A poem.
Quote by yoman297
no girl, movember isnt for you. shave your stache pls

I can out-bore you any day
morning gigs are really not a thing. earliest i played was 9am but that was a volunteer thing we did with the band pro-bono
Gibson 58 VOS, Gibson Rich Robinson ES-335, Fender Strat, Fender RoadWorn 50's Tele, Gibson LP Jr Special

Marshall JTM45, Fender BJR NOS
Played a show with Blackguard once that started at 2:30 on a weekday. Literally played to an empty room.
Check out my band Disturbed
idk what these people are talking about, around here plenty of cafes and restaurants have music in the morning/early afternoon. granted, they usually aren't rock or metal bands, but its still live music.

I'm not sure what you're asking for though. Just get enough sleep and warm up before the gig and you should be good to go.
I'd totally be down with going to the café in the morning for some OJ and choons, maybe also biscuits and beer but I don't think it's really a thing though it should be.

With that being said

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OSyD3ttQtfo

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
uboga gmajna, le vpup, le vkup,
le vkup, le vkup z menoj,
staro pravdo v mrak tulimo,
da se pretulimo skozi to zimo