He didn't kill JFK.

Feel free to discuss the X-Men films. I like them all, and I particularly really like the ones set in the past with James McAvoy and Michael Fassbender. I'm very keen on watching X-Men: Apocalypse.
Free Ali
yeah

All of them that aren't Wolverine solo movies are very enjoyable to watch. The third movie's kind of a piece of shit but I watch it just as often as the rest of them tbh.

Days of Future Past and X2 are two of my favorite superhero movies.

The first Wolverine movie contains the worst use of Dominic Monaghan ever
Quote by whywefight
Days of Future Past and X2 are two of my favorite superhero movies.

The Wolverine solo ones are all right. They were worth watching once each. I've watched almost all of the other ones, though.

One thing I've noticed about the end of the films set in the past is that McAvoy's Xavier character takes control of a character and does nothing to minimise the potential demise of a person. Are we really to believe he just watched while Lensherr was killing Shaw? And what about letting Raven decide whether or not to kill the President, which could have made the entire trip through time- nearly all of the screen time- completely useless?

Usually, I ignore these plot holes, even ones as big as these, but I re-watched the most recent film and thought, ya know, what the hell were they thinking? I still love that movie, though.
Free Ali
I watched Days of Future Past tonight because of this thread

It was pretty good
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
Quote by chrismendiola
The Wolverine solo ones are all right. They were worth watching once each. I've watched almost all of the other ones, though.

One thing I've noticed about the end of the films set in the past is that McAvoy's Xavier character takes control of a character and does nothing to minimise the potential demise of a person. Are we really to believe he just watched while Lensherr was killing Shaw? And what about letting Raven decide whether or not to kill the President, which could have made the entire trip through time- nearly all of the screen time- completely useless?

Usually, I ignore these plot holes, even ones as big as these, but I re-watched the most recent film and thought, ya know, what the hell were they thinking? I still love that movie, though.

I just watched DOFP again a few weeks ago and here's my answer!

In First Class, Erik had the anti-mind control helmet on when killing Shaw, so Charles could not enter his mind at all. Same reason he could not do anything about Erik at the end of DOFP.

Regarding Raven, he said earlier in DOFP that he could not fully take control of her mind because she was too resistant. Also we have to take into account that Charles has personal feelings for Raven AND had also just started to use his powers for the first time in YEARS. Therefore it's plausible that he could only broadcast telepathic messages to her.
They are all rather mediocre altho DOFP has some kl action scenes
Quote by ErikLensherr
Did you hear about the cockney Godfather?

He made them an offer they couldn't understand.
X1 was mediocre but cool, X2 was GOAT, X3 was terrible, Wolverine was dogshit, First Class was great, The Wolverine was good, DOFP was solidly good.

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Quote by Jyrgen
I just watched DOFP again a few weeks ago and here's my answer!

In First Class, Erik had the anti-mind control helmet on when killing Shaw, so Charles could not enter his mind at all. Same reason he could not do anything about Erik at the end of DOFP.

Regarding Raven, he said earlier in DOFP that he could not fully take control of her mind because she was too resistant. Also we have to take into account that Charles has personal feelings for Raven AND had also just started to use his powers for the first time in YEARS. Therefore it's plausible that he could only broadcast telepathic messages to her.

Yeah, but Xavier had control of Shaw at the time and he didn't do anything with him. He just froze him and watched while Lensherr killed him.

He stopped Raven from shooting Trask just earlier. Raven was disguised as a Secret Service agent and Xavier found her and froze her.
Free Ali
Quote by chrismendiola
Yeah, but Xavier had control of Shaw at the time and he didn't do anything with him. He just froze him and watched while Lensherr killed him.

He stopped Raven from shooting Trask just earlier. Raven was disguised as a Secret Service agent and Xavier found her and froze her.

Wait it seems that you're right on both accounts

Charles is actually quite a shitty X-man then.
I used to think the Wolverine was called X-Man when I was little.
Quote by DisarmGoliath
Facesitting is a violation of freedom of speech, because how can you speak when you have an ass covering your face?
Wolverine was great. The last boss battle with the guy that could teleport and had laser vision.

And when Wolverine is chopping down the fire escape stairs with his claws. Thats all I remember, but good memories of that movie
I'm not a huge fan of the Wolverine films because they're mostly just Wolverine getting mad and slashing everything.

#FreeLensherr
Free Ali
I've forgotten DOFP now. Maybe I'll watch it again soon. It was pretty good.

XMen Origins: Wolverine was relatively dull, as was the other Wolverine one.
Quote by chrismendiola
I'm not a huge fan of the Wolverine films because they're mostly just Wolverine getting mad and slashing everything.

#FreeLensherr

yeah

tbh the x-men franchise and the first two spiderman movies are literally the only things marvel has done sorta right since they entered the summer blockbuster game

#freelensherr tho

Quote by GuitarGod_92
DoFP is the only geniunely good one

I was hoping Erik was actually banned tho

He is. That is why we created this campaign. Our fan club, The FallasHeads, aims to have him unbanned.
Free Ali
Quote by MinterMan22
yeah

tbh the x-men franchise and the first two spiderman movies are literally the only things marvel has done sorta right since they entered the summer blockbuster game

#freelensherr tho

This is the most incorrect opinion I've seen about film ever, and I post in the Film Thread (who constantly have wrong opinions)

Quote by chrismendiola
He is. That is why we created this campaign. Our fan club, The FallasHeads, aims to have him unbanned.

Oh sweet what did he do? better not be a requested one
Quote by GuitarGod_92

Of course it is. That's all these weird people do
My God, it's full of stars!
Quote by GuitarGod_92

It looks that way.

#FreeLensherr

BTW, MinterMan22 is mostly right. He's only really wrong because Marvel hadn't been making those films. FOX handled X-Men and Sony had Spider-Man, AFAIK. I like most of the Marvel films, but I hardly go back to watch them again.
Free Ali
Quote by chrismendiola
It looks that way.

#FreeLensherr

BTW, MinterMan22 is mostly right. He's only really wrong because Marvel hadn't been making those films. FOX handled X-Men and Sony had Spider-Man, AFAIK. I like most of the Marvel films, but I hardly go back to watch them again.

i meant marvel as in the comic book shit and afaik spiderman and xmen are marvel lol don't know about studios or anything like that

guitargod is prob the type of person who thinks we can learn from watching do the right thing lets be real here

point still stands

Quote by MinterMan22
i meant marvel as in the comic book shit and afaik spiderman and xmen are marvel lol don't know about studios or anything like that

They are Marvel comic books but the films were from different studios. Marvel had recently acquired the film rights for Spider-Man, though. I think X-Men is still with FOX.
Free Ali
Quote by chrismendiola

d'awww
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Quote by ErikLensherr
d'awww

nice

Quote by chrismendiola
The FallasHeads

I made this thread just to make this joke and nobody even acknowledged it. ;_;
Free Ali
first Iron Man is good. that's it outside Rami's first two spidermans and the X franchise excluding x3 and wolverine and wolverine origins (seriously wtf?). last two have been very solid though.
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
Quote by Baby Joel
first Iron Man is good. that's it outside Rami's first two spidermans and the X franchise excluding x3 and wolverine and wolverine origins (seriously wtf?). last two have been very solid though.

I would love to understand this post but I absolutely can't
can anyone truly understand anything?
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
Quote by Baby Joel

nice opinion :-)