I have a Fender HRD at the moment, and I am looking for a new amp. I want something to add to what I have to be able to get more sounds. An effects loop is almost a must as I use a number of modulation effects. Also, as I am used to the Fender, I would like the amp to have enough clean headroom so I could play a couple of clean songs even though I'm looking more for a distorted sound. The two amps I was considering are the Orange OR15 and the Marshall DSL40C. What do you think?
The OR15 has very little clean headroom. If your playing alone it will be fine, if you play with others/band it will not produce cleans at those levels. The OR15 also will need a speaker cab (you can use the speaker in the HRD but that is not ideal) If your playing in a band, the Orange Dual Terror would be a better choice since it is 30watts.

The older Marshall JCM2000 DSL401 is a much better amp than the new DSL40c

what is your budget and location and we can find you a deal on something
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Gab_Azz
I have a Fender HRD at the moment, and I am looking for a new amp. I want something to add to what I have to be able to get more sounds. An effects loop is almost a must as I use a number of modulation effects. Also, as I am used to the Fender, I would like the amp to have enough clean headroom so I could play a couple of clean songs even though I'm looking more for a distorted sound. The two amps I was considering are the Orange OR15 and the Marshall DSL40C. What do you think?
Music styles?

And you're also jumping voices here, so keep that in mind. Maybe something like the higher-watt Jet City models will do you well.
Take a look at some higher-wattage amps if you're aiming for headroom.

I usually haul out a pair of Carvins; a Belair (50W EL84s, 2x12 open back with Vintage 30's) or an XV112E (100W EL34, 1x12 with one EV-L). Both with FX loops.

But you might just want to consider a modeler. Most have FX loops, most have some really nice clean settings...
Carvin Nomad/Belair
Peavey Classic
Egnater Tweaker
Gear: Gibson Les Paul Studio, Gibson SG Special, Fender Stratocaster, Fender Telecaster, Fender Jazzmaster, Gretsch Pro Jet, Carvin C350, Epiphone ES-339 P90, Epiphone ES-335 Pro. Peavey 6505, Sovtek MIG-100, Vox AC30, Peavey XXX.
This week I'll try both marshalls. I've already tried a carvin nomad and the peavey classic but I'm really lokking for a great distorted sound as I have a great clean sound out of the fender HRD
I urge you to consider a tube amp, a Fender Blues Junior or maybe a Marshall Class 5.