Hey guys, so I'm thinking about purchasing one of these suckers once I have the funds. Being that it will run me 3 grand and I probably won't get a chance to try one out myself before buying I would like to know what your opinions are on these insane looking guitars. Does anyone have any experience with them or think that I should go a different route for the money? Also, what plays better, the majesty or the JP7 BFR? Here are links to a couple of models I'm looking at...

A JP7 BFR Black Burst Quilt, All Rosewood Neck:

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/JPBFRRWBkQ?utm_source=CSE&utm_medium=PPC&zmap=JPBFRRWBkQ&zmac=9&zmas=1&zmam=89202644&SID=-1

JP7 Artisan Majesty (leaning towards the Marrone finish):

http://www.music-man.com/instruments/guitars/artisan-majesty.html

So yeah... Any feedback would be very much appreciated. Spending this much money on an instrument is very scary and I want to be sure it's spent wisely lol
Last edited by Brumlicr2012 at Jun 6, 2015,
What plays better is entirely up to you to answer.

I'd get the JP7, personally.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Majesty. Played one a few months ago and they had to ask me to leave cause i was playing it for so long.

Either cause they were closing, or my shit playing was getting on their nerves
I shouldn't post when drunk..

07 LTD MH400NT SD SH2/SH5
15 Jackson SLATHX-m 3-7 Slime green
Squier std tele (modded to hell)

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h
Zilla Superfatboy 2x12 v30's

Pedals
I guess the feel/playability is a bit more subjective. Im leaning more towards the JP7 BFR too. I typically find the Majestys to be horrendous looking too, but that marrone finish looks pretty killer to me. I just wish I could actually play one.
I'm pretty sure it's a question of a) the aesthetics of which you like more (Majesty is definitely the more controversial of the two), b) play both and decide which one you find more comfortable.

But I've heard nothing but absolute praise for both, and I'm not surprised.
I would really recommend you try out both guitars if you can. $3k on a guitar is a lot of money. I drove 6 hours to try out a Mesa Boogie Mark V, and amp sounds are decently consistent. Guitars can feel wildy different from how you expect them to feel. At least try and find a recent JP12 or 13 that you can play.
Caution:
This post may contain my opinion and/or inaccurate information.

Current Rig:
2006 PRS CE-24
Mesa/Boogie Mark V
Voltage S212 w/ V30's
Strymon Timeline
CMATMods Signa Drive
TC Electronics Corona & Hall of Fame
If you're buying it new, I wouldn't worry too much about the playability. I mean, they're both $3k+ guitars, from Music Man. It's going to be perfect, aside from maybe some personal preference adjustments, or you're going to be able to return/exchange it. Watch the John Petrucci demo videos of the guitars. He just recently put out a whole series of him playing and talking about each of his current sig models. Make your decision based on that, and which you think looks better.

Edit: here's those videos.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cnRrxk3vUks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0ib2j3LF48
Guitars
Schecter Hellraiser C-1FR, C-1 Classic, Hellraiser Hybrid Solo-II, Special Edition E-1FR-S
Orange Rockerverb 50 212
Basses
Yamaha RBX374 and Washburn MB-6
Last edited by the_bi99man at Jun 8, 2015,
Quote by TheLiberation
I'm pretty sure it's a question of a) the aesthetics of which you like more (Majesty is definitely the more controversial of the two), b) play both and decide which one you find more comfortable.

But I've heard nothing but absolute praise for both, and I'm not surprised.

I've played both and this is exactly how I feel. I'd have a hard time choosing, and honestly it might come down to aesthetics. They're both brilliant guitars, and they differ in flavor, not in quality. They both play crazy well, I doubt you'll have any complaints in that category.

The all rosewood neck on the JP7 is super nice, but the Majesty is a tad more refined with the recessed switches and the ebony board. From 10 feet away I'd take the Majesty every time, but from 3 feet the faux carbon fiber looks a little cheesy and I'd have to think about it.