Hello there.

This sounds really well produced. For the most part everything sounds pretty clear and spacious. The only possible criticism I would have of the mix is that the vocals are perhaps a little too loud and tread on the rest of the track at times (the chorus mainly).

The composition is good and the performance is spot on. The drums are well sequenced and seem to have a nice variety. I'm not a big fan of the old school "squeeze ma balls" vocal style but it suits the track well and it's well performed. The layering of the vocals is also very effective and sounds very professional.

Overall a cool track. Keep em coming!

If you like some C4C - https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1677842

Cheers
Yo,

This is a pretty cool classic metal track. The mix is really good, though I feel like the snare in particular could do with a bit more power. As far as composition goes, it stays reasonably interesting the whole way through, though it does stay sort of the same in terms of vibe. With longer songs branching out a bit and varying in texture/atmosphere can do well for it to keep an audience hooked.

A lack of screaming guitar solos surprises me, you gotta have the shr3dz!!

Aside from that, good job. Mix is pretty good, and it sounds like youve achieved what you were going for in the song.

C4C? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1677368
I agree that the mix is really nice, I was surprised by how strong the vocals sound. The bass isn't quite well defined enough for my tastes, but I'm a bit of a bass junkie. It sounds fine as it is, really.

This sounds professional as hell, I haven't listened to classic metal in ages, but I really enjoy this. I would even go as far as to say that it sounds refreshing, better than most things I hear big labels putting out these days. I'm always looking to criticize things when I review them here to help people out, but I don't really see how you could make this better. Maybe, just maybe it could be more dynamic, have a bit of variety etc, but I still really liked it.
Quote by Jet Penguin
Theory: Not rules, just tools.

Quote by Hail
*note that by fan i mean that guy who wants his friends to know he knows this totally obscure hip band that only he knows about with 236 views on youtube. lookin' at Kev here
Quote by Kevätuhri
I agree that the mix is really nice, I was surprised by how strong the vocals sound. The bass isn't quite well defined enough for my tastes, but I'm a bit of a bass junkie. It sounds fine as it is, really.

This sounds professional as hell, I haven't listened to classic metal in ages, but I really enjoy this. I would even go as far as to say that it sounds refreshing, better than most things I hear big labels putting out these days. I'm always looking to criticize things when I review them here to help people out, but I don't really see how you could make this better. Maybe, just maybe it could be more dynamic, have a bit of variety etc, but I still really liked it.

Thanks man!

I love the sound of a huge chunky bass too, and the funny part is that the first rough mix always has wicked loud bass. But then I always think it's too overpowering and turn it down and then it starts getting lost in the mix, sometimes its hard to find the right balance!

I think the vocal ideas are pretty interesting, and I'm starting to develop more of a style in that sense. What I need to do next is just bring out all the parts instrumentally that define me as a musician and accent them heavily, cut out some of the fluff and generic moments and really capitalize on everything that stands out in my writing style instrumentally.

Is there any tracks you want me to critique of yours? If so send it my way! Thanks for the comment.
Quote by TommyGunUk
Yo,

This is a pretty cool classic metal track. The mix is really good, though I feel like the snare in particular could do with a bit more power. As far as composition goes, it stays reasonably interesting the whole way through, though it does stay sort of the same in terms of vibe. With longer songs branching out a bit and varying in texture/atmosphere can do well for it to keep an audience hooked.

A lack of screaming guitar solos surprises me, you gotta have the shr3dz!!

Aside from that, good job. Mix is pretty good, and it sounds like youve achieved what you were going for in the song.

C4C? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1677368

Haha I agree I needed a screaming solo! I was actually planning on throwing one in around 3:00 but for some reason I just couldn't play leads that day or something so I decided to do vocals on that part instead.

I'll check out your track!
Hey there man. Listened the song several times and here are my comments:

- The mix is lacking some instrumental power in my opinion. The vocal channel is very clean and strong - even tho I can hear some crunchy EQ on it, it doesn't sound bad or distrubing. It's just very alone and in front. Especially the drum mix sounds very raw and the snare/kick combination is not pumping the energy it's supposed to.
- The bass definition is not existent.
- The mix dynamics in parts like 03:33 could be a lot better.
- The song is good, overall! With a good mixing/mastering this song could please a lot of thrash/death metal listeners over the globe.
- I really like the intro/outro guitar melody contradictions and the atmospheric vocal approaches.
- And perhaps a cleaner approach to vocal mix on the chorus is a good idea to make it a catchy tune, instead of forcing people to listen closely to understand what's going on with back vocals etc.
- Spot on instrumentals crave a better recording because it would really make the material pop! Really good effort, and best of luck!

C4C? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1678157