Today I was playing my guitar and the amp was fine. I turned the amp off and came back to it and turned it on to find it MUCH quieter than it was before, I messed with the cables and took out my pod HD500x to go from amp straight to guitar to see if it was the pod or other cables but it wasn't. is it time for new tubes? They still light up and on the front of the amp there is a power tube monitor and none of the lights are on. I am unsure if it would be the preamp tubes as I am currently running the ENGL with the pod hd500x 4 cable method to bypass the preamp.
Gear:
Dean RC7X (Bareknuckle Coldsweat pickups)
Ibanez Rg2570Z (Bareknuckle Juggernaughts)
Schecter KM-6
Schecter Hellraiser Hybrid 7 String
Engl Powerball II
Orange PPC412
Line 6 Pod HD500X
To explain how quiet it is, I turned it close to max and it was about as quiet as 1.5 to 2 on the master volume.
Gear:
Schecter KM-6
Engl Powerball II
Orange PPC412
Line 6 Pod HD500X
The 4 cable method does not necessarily bypass the preamp. There are a few "4 cable methods" so we can't rule that out completely. Tubes are definitely suspect #1 until proven otherwise.

You can test pretty easily by plugging straight into the FX return. If the amp is loud again then it's a preamp tube. If it's still quiet it could be a few things, including still a preamp tube (just later in the chain) or a power tube. The power tube failure lights won't necessarily catch a dead tube every time.

You should have a spare set anyway, now's a good time to get a fresh retube. You can always keep the old ones once you figure out which one it was.
how do I go about plugging directly into the FX return? just go straigh from guitar into the return? I am not in any way educated in the electronics of amps/guitars ect. I just play the damn things. I am going to bring it into a tech on Monday to figure this out.

Would power outlets have an effect on this? like if there were a lot of things plugged into a power bar?
Gear:
Schecter KM-6
Engl Powerball II
Orange PPC412
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Yup, guitar cable straight into the return jack.

Power outlets wouldn't generally do this. Overloading a power strip will usually just blow a fuse.
I plugged it into the return and it is still quiet. So it is more than likely a power tube?
Gear:
Schecter KM-6
Engl Powerball II
Orange PPC412
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by amonamarthmetal
I plugged it into the return and it is still quiet. So it is more than likely a power tube?

Yes, get a matched set
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by darkwolf291
Power tubes

+1 power tubes are on the way out.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
I brought it in to someone who builds amps and he said it was a pre-amp tube for the FX loop.
Gear:
Schecter KM-6
Engl Powerball II
Orange PPC412
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by amonamarthmetal
I brought it in to someone who builds amps and he said it was a pre-amp tube for the FX loop.

cool, sounded like a power tube issue, a 12ax7 is way cheaper than 4 6L6
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate