what is your preferred news source

I don't watch news on the TV because I don't have cable or anything so I have literally zero tv channels. Also I hate TV news. So I mostly go online. I use CNN because the layout is pretty nice. It's...semi-reliable as well. For most of my stuff though I use Al-Jazeera. Has lots of good stories there that you might not see other places, idk.

anyway, what are your preferred news sources?
superman is killing himself tonight
bbc morning show news on tv then websites later. usually guardian site for nice lefty middle class stuff. also have bbc news 24 on in the background if it's like past 1am and i'm faffing about on the computer, cause nothing else is on usually.

used to get the free metro paper in the mornings but it's become pretty much daily mail-lite, even with out the righty bias, there is too much celeb news that idgaf about in it.

will occasionally buy a guardian paper for weekend reading, or the times if I feel like getting annoyed at snobbery.

also dunno if it counts as "news" but I buy new scientist every other week maybe if there are some interesting (for me) articles that week.
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
pfft, news
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
the pit
It's over simplified, So what!

Quote by eGraham
I'm going to be on top of what is called a knob
Quote by theguitarist
Big ones can be fun in some ways but generally, they are a pain in the ass.
Quote by Wolfinator-x
I don't know what is going on in this thread or why I have an erection.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
BBC or Guardian

I stay away from Comment Is Free though

Because it is awful

Those are the same
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
Combination of BBC, NPR, Al-Jazeera America, and occasionally I check CNN, I used to use CNN more but it's gotten worse over the years.
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?!

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
Quote by EndTheRapture51
BBC or Guardian

I stay away from Comment Is Free though

Because it is awful

Dunno about the articles, but the Comment is Free videos are mostly great
Quote by ErikLensherr
Did you hear about the cockney Godfather?

He made them an offer they couldn't understand.
I don't. If it's important enough someone on UG will make a thread on it and the discussion will be 10x more enlightening than the comments on the actual article.
Check out my band Disturbed
Ultimate-Guitar ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
yes every night of my entire life i go to bed crying because i wasnt born american
I don't actively keep up with the news. I don't check any news sites or tv or read the news paper, but all the bullshit still manages to get through from the pit or friends or family talking about it. I honestly feel like the huge amount of attention that every horrible thing gets is not a good thing. We as a society are turning more and more paranoid despite the fact that crime in general has been steadily dropping. It doesn't seem that way because we get to constantly hear about the horrible thing across the country or on the other side of the world. We're not helping anything by getting upset and outraged about it. The only effect of hearing about that bullshit is all the old people bemoaning what the world's coming to, lots of elevated blood pressure over matters that doesn't effect the individual and that the individual can't effect, and mass paranoia. In fact the media seems to be almost making shit worse on purpose.

Look at ISIS enjoying the media coverage they're getting and really getting their message out there.
Look at the coverage of all the cops shooting blacks in the US, riling up people to the point of the crazy protests and shit, when I know there had to have been just as many white people shot by police that wasn't covered by national media because it wouldn't stir shit up because it's not "racist".

I don't actually believe the media is trying to make shit worse on purpose so that they have more temper raising stories to rake in the views, but it would make a fucked up kind of sense. I do believe that the insanely large amount of crap that people have access to get all worked up over is not good. The world is NOT a horrible place. Society as a whole is much better than it's been in all of history. The media doesn't want you to know that because the end of the world is what gets views, because humans are apparently gluttons for hysteria.
Ultimate-Guitar.com
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
I don't actively read the news. Whatever's on my Twitter feed or whatever websites I visit give me the news for the day.
Free Ali
Quote by EndTheRapture51
BBC is way less left leaning than The Guardian

But Guardian has better analysis in my opinion

Just cos.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
I guess NBC, CNN, NY Times, progressive talk radio, NPR and BBC. I dunno. I just follow a bunch of crap on Facebook and Twitter kinda and listen to the radio.
#DTWD
Quote by The4thHorsemen
media misrepresents our utopian world

ok
Quote by ErikLensherr
Did you hear about the cockney Godfather?

He made them an offer they couldn't understand.
Quote by steve_muse
ok

Because I totally said our society is a perfect one.

real negative consequences of the media's fear mongering: http://www.apa.org/monitor/mar06/childhood.aspx

In a radio interview Roger Hart said when he asked parents about this it all came down to fear. They live in a constant state of fear for their children even though crime is way down from the 70s when those parents were kids and had the run of the town.
Last edited by The4thHorsemen at Jun 7, 2015,
thinking about it I realised that I do check the "real clear [subject]" website kind of often. It's essentially a collection of news articles, organised into their own sections. So you have www.realclearpolitics.com for religious info, and www.realclearscience.com to learn about free market and global market and stuff like that
superman is killing himself tonight
Quote by Baby Joel
thinking about it I realised that I do check the "real clear [subject]" website kind of often. It's essentially a collection of news articles, organised into their own sections. So you have www.realclearpolitics.com for religious info, and www.realclearscience.com to learn about free market and global market and stuff like that

trashed
i don't know why i feel so dry
Fox. It doesn't get any more reliable than that.
Please call me Rainer, was 16 and empty minded when I made my profile.

Sometimes I talk to myself too...but never on the internet.
Every news site I've visited has had the most god awful mobile version. Not worth the frustration. So much news is garbage or propaganda anyway.
For Frodo!
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
No because a world full of marbles silly man is just as real as a half empty glass of microwaved nesquik.