So i just bought the Presonus audiobox itwo as my first interface, and i've started to play around with Studio One 3 which was included when i bought the interface. I'm now trying to record by connecting my guitar to the Boss ME-80, which then again is connected mono into my interface. This where the problem occours. When i plug my headphones in my interface the sound is completely different from when i plug them directly into the pedalboard. The sound is much better if i listen through the pedalboard. When listening through the interface the sound is sharper and lacking reverb and room..

I'm totally new to recording, so there may be a simple answer to this. Thanks!
When you plug headphones into an ME80 it automatically activates the cab sim which is otherwise off as it assumes you are playing through a cab. Any 1/8 jack in the headphone socket will do it doesn't need to be connected to anything.

I have just done my most recent recordings using the ME80 as the interface using the onboard sounds and I'm getting some seriously nice results, so good it surprised the hell out of me, it's blowing guitar rig and all my other vst's away. Just remember you need a jack in that socket.

Good luck dude
My gastronomic rapacity knows no satiety.
Quote by crackerjack123
When you plug headphones into an ME80 it automatically activates the cab sim which is otherwise off as it assumes you are playing through a cab. Any 1/8 jack in the headphone socket will do it doesn't need to be connected to anything.

I have just done my most recent recordings using the ME80 as the interface using the onboard sounds and I'm getting some seriously nice results, so good it surprised the hell out of me, it's blowing guitar rig and all my other vst's away. Just remember you need a jack in that socket.

Good luck dude

Thanks, worked like a charm!

If i may ask a follow up question; I've read a little about the importance of double tracking your recordings to achieve a better tone. Although i wonder if i record stereo from my boss me-80, paning one signal to the left and one to the right, will this be essentially the same as doubletracking when recording mono?
Not really, but you can eq both differently see if that gives any marked difference.
My gastronomic rapacity knows no satiety.