I need expert advice. I was playing the Adom7 chord and I built the a major scale for it. I did the process you do to get what notes are in the chord and got the notes: A,C#,E,G. Those should be the notes I get when strumming my A7 chord right? Then why do I get different notes when I check to see what notes they are with my tuner? It tells me that the 5th string is A, 4th is E, 3rd is G, 2nd is C#, and 1st is E. I also have a chords app on my phone which tells me the same. So what gives? I'm so confused about this. If you could please enlighten me I would very much appreciate it. Thanks
A C# E and G are the notes in the chord, they don't have to be in that order.

The reason you are getting that order is because of the tuning on the guitar. An open A string results in the note A, the D string (4th string) on the second fret is and E, the open G string is G, second fret of the B string (2nd string) is C# and the open E string is and E.

I would suggest you start learning the notes on the fretboard, you will have an easier time understanding and finding chords that way. As said, the order of notes doesn't really matter, what matters is what notes you put in a chord. A C# E G is a A Dominant seven chord, A C E G is a A Minor seventh chord, A C# E G# is a A major seventh chord. If you study chord construction and the learn the notes on the fretboard you will be able to find all chords that comes your way, and find different places to play them.
Fusion and jazz musician, a fan of most music.

Quote by Guthrie Govan
“If you steal from one person it's theft, and if you steal from lots of people it's research”

Quote by Chick Corea
"Only play what you hear. If you don't hear anything, don't play anything."
Quote by Sickz
A C# E and G are the notes in the chord, they don't have to be in that order.

The reason you are getting that order is because of the tuning on the guitar. An open A string results in the note A, the D string (4th string) on the second fret is and E, the open G string is G, second fret of the B string (2nd string) is C# and the open E string is and E.

I would suggest you start learning the notes on the fretboard, you will have an easier time understanding and finding chords that way. As said, the order of notes doesn't really matter, what matters is what notes you put in a chord. A C# E G is a A Dominant seven chord, A C E G is a A Minor seventh chord, A C# E G# is a A major seventh chord. If you study chord construction and the learn the notes on the fretboard you will be able to find all chords that comes your way, and find different places to play them.
hey thanks for the quick response. I guess it was a silly question but thanks anyway
Quote by w.coronado99
hey thanks for the quick response. I guess it was a silly question but thanks anyway

No questions are silly. Only way to gain knowledge is to ask that you don't already know.
Fusion and jazz musician, a fan of most music.

Quote by Guthrie Govan
“If you steal from one person it's theft, and if you steal from lots of people it's research”

Quote by Chick Corea
"Only play what you hear. If you don't hear anything, don't play anything."
^Only way to get it right is to get it wrong a thousand times.
"There are two styles of music. Good music and bad music." -Duke Ellington

"If you really think about it, the guitar is a pointless instrument." - Robert Fripp