Hey guys, Im about to get a JVM410h and Id like to get some effects too, but as im spending most of my money on the JVM I cant buy all the pedals individually, What would be the best multi fx for under 500$? I dont need any crazy effects or anything, but some massive ambient delays, noise gate, and just all the basic effects, what would be my best bet? Thanks
Last edited by PancakesGO!!!! at Jun 7, 2015,
line 6 m9 or m13.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
You can use most of the various multi-FX out there without amp/cabinet modeling engaged.
Quote by dspellman
You can use most of the various multi-FX out there without amp/cabinet modeling engaged.

This confused me too. OP, unless there is a specific reason you don't want the Multi to have any amp or cab modelling capability, you can turn such off. You should be able to find a Line 6 POD HD500 used for less than $500 US, maybe even a used Boss GT-100 or a new GT-1001.
The above post is in terms of 'YMMV' and 'IMO', etc...

Quote by Offworld92
This debate is exhausting to read.
The guitar world is drowned in fairy dust.
We need to start at the very beginning. What is tone.
Quote by 2Crosser
This confused me too. OP, unless there is a specific reason you don't want the Multi to have any amp or cab modelling capability, you can turn such off. You should be able to find a Line 6 POD HD500 used for less than $500 US, maybe even a used Boss GT-100 or a new GT-1001.

Sorry let me rephrase that, I dont need amp modeling, so its not a priority, and I would prefer not to have any, I just like things simple but if the effects are good it doesnt really matter.
GT-10 (used) or GT-100 in 4 cable mode, so you can put fx before the preamp and in the loop section. If it is a 2 channel amp it can even do the channel switching for you. I'm on a GT-10 now in this kind of configuration and it has made my life a lot easier.
Turning off the amp models on the GT-100 is very easy. It's done patch by patch. So I have a bank with them on for emergencies. Otherwise, I have them off on the other banks. Very easy MFX to program.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Tc Nova System, L6 M13, Zoom MS70CDR, are a few that come to mind. A Boss Gt would work with the preamps disabled too.
Boss ME80. Exactly the same COSM tech as the GT100 but cheaper, Amp sims off at the touch of a footswitch. Oryou can program them out of the patches. 2 second job.
My gastronomic rapacity knows no satiety.
I would also look for something that has midi. That way you can ditch your amp's foot switch and do all your channel and effects changes with the multi fx. Also even though you may not have any use for it now, it may not be a bad idea to get a board with amp/cab sims. Down the line it may be something you might like or find useful or as Carhbard said, programmed as a backup in case shit goes south at a gig.
Satan. Grant this man the gift of revenge against his foes at the Food Network.
Lower budget: Zoom G3
Upper budget: POD HD500, GT-100

I'm not too keen on the Line 6 M series multis. You can only use 3 (9) or 4 (13) effects at the same time. I use all 6 places in a patch on the G3 for my complex ambient tones (EQ, noise gate, delay, reverse delay, room reverb, hall reverb).
Last edited by Will Lane at Jun 8, 2015,
Quote by crackerjack123
Boss ME80. Exactly the same COSM tech as the GT100 but cheaper, Amp sims off at the touch of a footswitch. Oryou can program them out of the patches. 2 second job.

Can't do 4 cable method so you'll have to decide whether to run it in front or in the fx loop.
Hi! I´m new so I can´t create new threads yet, but I think this one is very similar to what i´m looking for:

I want to have some creative effects. some way to make interesting soundscapes out of the guitar tone. I don´t know big deal about pedals and stomp boxes. I have an old Zoom BFX 708 bass multi-effects and I want something newer, more flexible and more powerful.
The problem is: Every piece of gear that I have tested, heard or read about, has the same kind of effect: Flanger, chorus, delay, phaser, wah and and hundreds of software emulatios of classic effects, and those are, again, flangers, phasers, etc
I´ve seen bass multi-effects with more "crazy"effects and yet my old zoom 708 can put out some noises that are more interesting than some more modern guitar pedalboards.
I´d like resonant filters, BP, HP....some lo-fi stuff..you know...effects that are basic in samplers or sinthesizers, or are commonly found in electronic music
Do you know about any device in which I could plug my guitar and have this kind of effects? I don´t want to fill the floor with expensive pedals. Perhaps with a laptop and a good sound card, but I think that will be too complex to set up on stage.
Well...enough writing for today. It´s possible to find something affordable and compact enough? thanks!!
Last edited by grinkor at Jun 8, 2015,
Quote by grinkor
Hi! I´m new so I can´t create new threads yet, but I think this one is very similar to what i´m looking for:

I want to have some creative effects. some way to make interesting soundscapes out of the guitar tone. I don´t know big deal about pedals and stomp boxes. I have an old Zoom BFX 708 bass multi-effects and I want something newer, more flexible and more powerful.
The problem is: Every piece of gear that I have tested, heard or read about, has the same kind of effect: Flanger, chorus, delay, phaser, wah and and hundreds of software emulatios of classic effects, and those are, again, flangers, phasers, etc
I´ve seen bass multi-effects with more "crazy"effects and yet my old zoom 708 can put out some noises that are more interesting than some more modern guitar pedalboards.
I´d like resonant filters, BP, HP....some lo-fi stuff..you know...effects that are basic in samplers or sinthesizers, or are commonly found in electronic music
Do you know about any device in which I could plug my guitar and have this kind of effects? I don´t want to fill the floor with expensive pedals. Perhaps with a laptop and a good sound card, but I think that will be too complex to set up on stage.
Well...enough writing for today. It´s possible to find something affordable and compact enough? thanks!!

http://www.amazon.com/Roger-Linn-Design-AdrenaLinn-Processor/dp/B001G7D8TG?tag=duckduckgo-d-20

The older ones are even more affordable.