Hi guys,

I'm about to order a 4-channel audio interface but I want to make sure I don't buy a shitty one.

What are the best ones IYHO that you can get for the price.

My list so far:

M-audio Quad (I hate this thing, it looks fat and ugly)
Behringer U-Phoria UMC404 (Honestly I'm probably gona get this one)

Everything else I look at only has 2 instrument inputs :/ Why is there such a shortage of 4 mic/inst in audio interfaces on the market :/

Anything else I should be looking at that you guys know of? (yes I have read the intro the recording thread, I'm not a noob)
Last edited by Victorgeiger at Jun 11, 2015,
I really dislike the behringer stuff, everything i had made by them broke, so i won't recommend anything from them (nice and subjective response). however i heard some people say that this was decent.

But you should not choose a interface based on its look. I believe the M-audio one will be of better quality. you could also check out the scarlett 18i8 by focusrite or the audiobox 44vsl by presonus.

I own 2 scarlett interfaces myself, and they are great. only the software can be a mess sometimes
I'd get a mackie onyx blackbird and call it a day, you're not gonna find any worthwhile interface with 4 inputs with pre's that's gonna cost you less than this.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
Thanks for the responses guys.

I agree with all of you. The 44vsl won't work for me (need 3 inst in's). The 18i8 would be perfect for right now but it's a little pricey for what it is and ultimately I want 8+ inputs. That Onxy blackbird looks like the one to have but I'll need to wait a year or so before I can comfortably afford it.

So i decided to get the UMC404 and will replace it before it starts to fall apart.

This is an upgrade from an M-audio fast track lol so it's gona be a marked improvement either way.

Ty again guys, peace
Quote by Victorgeiger
The 44vsl won't work for me (need 3 inst in's).

All of the xlr jacks are combo jacks, you can plug an instrument OR mic cable into them.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Quote by jaspervdv
it really is not that pricey. And you can extend it with 8 more inputs

Ahhhhhhhh, I had no idea! Damn well it's to late now. I got the Behringer 404. For anyone wondering. It's a solid piece of kit. Doesn't feel cheap at all, more like high-end audiophile stuff. The knobs and buttons feel super smooth and high quality. The pre-amps are whisper quiet and sound really nice.

I also noticed that the drivers are solid and behringer has been awesome with updates.

I'm stoked.

Quote by Victorgeiger
Ahhhhhhhh, I had no idea! Damn well it's to late now. I got the Behringer 404. For anyone wondering. It's a solid piece of kit. Doesn't feel cheap at all, more like high-end audiophile stuff. The knobs and buttons feel super smooth and high quality. The pre-amps are whisper quiet and sound really nice.

I also noticed that the drivers are solid and behringer has been awesome with updates.

I'm stoked.

Wait 2 years...then we'll talk