Hey everyone.

So, I want to buy an USB Audio Interface, but my budget isn't very high. I don't want to spend much more than 80 euros.

I just want to record some covers with some decent quality. As of now, I use a USB cable to connect my guitar to my PC. A Rocksmith like cable.

As you may imagine, recording quality isn't the best. I've been looking at these interfaces:

http://www.thomann.de/gb/miditech_audiolink_iii.htm
http://www.thomann.de/gb/roland_ua_11_duo_capture_mkii.htm
http://www.thomann.de/gb/alesis_io_hub.htm

What do you think about them? I'm also open to other suggestions. If it is available on Thomman it would be best, I'm going to buy some stuff from there soon and the audio interface will be one of the things I will buy.

As I said, I'm looking for an at least decent recording quality. Gonna use Reaper with some amp sim (LePou, Amplitube, etc). Not looking for professional recording quality or something like that, otherwise I would have a much bigger budget. Just want to have some fun recording covers and sharing them with my friends.
Last edited by DanyFS at Jun 9, 2015,
You should have a look at the introduction to recording sticky.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
Quote by Spambot_2
You should have a look at the introduction to recording sticky.

Already did. I just wanted an opinion on those particular audio interfaces.

Do they differ too much in sound quality? If not, I'll go for the cheapest one which is the Miditech.
stop please.
be specific as to what you want to achieve
understand that the equipment you want to buy is an investment not just another accessory
the sticky is there for a reason
try these things out for your self.
stop being cheap and having the mentality of i want lots of things for the price of nothing.

edit: get what ever you want. i'm done with these threads.
Last edited by vocoderboy at Jun 9, 2015,
Quote by vocoderboy
stop please.
be specific as to what you want to achieve
understand that the equipment you want to buy is an investment not just another accessory
the sticky is there for a reason
try these things out for your self.
stop being cheap and having the mentality of i want lots of things for the price of nothing.

edit: get what ever you want. i'm done with these threads.

I'm sorry dude, that wasn't the message that I was trying to pass...

As I said, I want an upgrade from the cable that I have but I'm not aiming for studio quality. Was just looking for something that could be better than that cable and that could give me a minimally decent recording quality.

All I wanted to know is if there was any difference between those audio interfaces. I've seen their specs and they look quite similar. Even price is. But someone could have tried one or more of them out and have some feedback about them or something. Or someone could have tried another interface in my price range and I wanted an opinion, since I have no experience with them. All I know about audio interfaces is what I read on the sticky and other places in the internet.

That's all man... Sorry if I offended you or bothered you with this thread.
Quote by DanyFS
I'm sorry dude, that wasn't the message that I was trying to pass...

As I said, I want an upgrade from the cable that I have but I'm not aiming for studio quality. Was just looking for something that could be better than that cable and that could give me a minimally decent recording quality.

All I wanted to know is if there was any difference between those audio interfaces. I've seen their specs and they look quite similar. Even price is. But someone could have tried one or more of them out and have some feedback about them or something. Or someone could have tried another interface in my price range and I wanted an opinion, since I have no experience with them. All I know about audio interfaces is what I read on the sticky and other places in the internet.

That's all man... Sorry if I offended you or bothered you with this thread.

no really i think its my bad i just keep answering this question and now i'm tired of it.

i think its time for some young blood.
Nah, no worries, just don't expect to be able to get something from nothing.

These interfaces wouldn't be a noticeable step up from what you have now considering you're still passing the guitar sound through amp sims.

I recommend keeping the rocksmith cable and upgrading to something really worthwhile when you'll have the money.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
Alright guys, I see. I'll try to save some more money and buy one of the interfaces suggested on the sticky since it won't be a great difference from the rocksmith cable to one of those interfaces. That's what I wanted to know.

Thank you all for the answers
Alexis if you're OK with 1 mic input, Midtech if you need two as it seems most versatile but driver quality is a bit unknown as it is a new low budget maker so support won't be good. No to the Roland as it is plasticky and looks like it will fall apart first.
I'd say look at a touch more expensive interfaces, Presonus and Mackie maybe, I think it will be another 30 euro or so.
Quote by diabolical
Alexis if you're OK with 1 mic input, Midtech if you need two as it seems most versatile but driver quality is a bit unknown as it is a new low budget maker so support won't be good. No to the Roland as it is plasticky and looks like it will fall apart first.
I'd say look at a touch more expensive interfaces, Presonus and Mackie maybe, I think it will be another 30 euro or so.

Yeah, I took a look yesterday at the 90-110 euros interfaces, they looked quite good.

Thanks for the info about the 3 interfaces I mentioned, it was very helpful