I'll type as I listen.

Beautiful intro, and the mixing is very nice so far. Drums might come in pretty harsh, but not too distracting, and when they settle down to the beat they sound just fine, though I have to say that the bass drum could sound better. It could be tighter and snappier. The song itself remains very beautiful, god I don't listen to post rock enough. Such an amazing genre. Hell, I'm just going to sub your channel, this sounds really nice It's actually produced pretty well, save for a few oddities. The bass has a weird tone, it's kind of evasive, I can make out the bass in the mix but it's quite undefined. Not bad though, I'm just not used to it. At about 2:45 the crunch kicks in, and the tone is a bit messy. But I think it works for the favor of the track. Transitions between crunch and clean are very well done, by composition and by production.

The vocals are really pretty quiet. I can't make sense of the words and even though this is post rock I feel like it get's lost in the mix, especially when the crunch comes in again. At this point, I feel like the cymbal is a bit too invasive, but not much. Maybe tweak it just a little? Not bad though. The bass remains weird, it's pretty boomy and detached from the rest of the mix at parts. I think I might turn down the reverb a bit on the bass and try to make the tone more articulate, but it's a matter of taste in the end. The way dynamics fade out in the end is pretty cool. Overall the dynamic changes in the track are nice.

I really enjoyed the track, and it's one hell of a first mix. For a first effort this is A++. Looking forward to the album
Quote by Jet Penguin
Theory: Not rules, just tools.

Quote by Hail
*note that by fan i mean that guy who wants his friends to know he knows this totally obscure hip band that only he knows about with 236 views on youtube. lookin' at Kev here
Last edited by Kevätuhri at Jun 9, 2015,
Thank you so much for that you have no idea how happy you've made me xD

The vocals kind of are supposed to be barely audible... Jonnys a bit shy on that end. It was all recorded on a £45 usb mic so... yeah. I was happy with the results but thank you so much man.

Please please please like us on facebook and I'll keep updates on the album. I'll send you a free copy if you stay in touch!
A friendly tip: no usb mics in a recording studio

And sorry, I don't really use facebook. I can drop you a like but I don't really follow my news. But I'd be glad to follow you in other media if possible

And I'd gladly pay for a good album, no need for favoritism
Quote by Jet Penguin
Theory: Not rules, just tools.

Quote by Hail
*note that by fan i mean that guy who wants his friends to know he knows this totally obscure hip band that only he knows about with 236 views on youtube. lookin' at Kev here
Last edited by Kevätuhri at Jun 9, 2015,
Don't worry, no usb's for the real thing xD

Other than facebook, probably just youtube. Might start posting video updates as well. Thanks!

-Eoin.