Hey,

I recently replaced my strings, and none will tune. I have them more or less around the correct pitch by ear, but none of my tuners will pick them up to do it properly. Any ideas why?
Stretch them
Well, you can call me crazy
You can call me wrong, 'cause
See I was born a liar, albatross
Fly on, fly on
Quote by smartypants857
Hey,

I recently replaced my strings, and none will tune. I have them more or less around the correct pitch by ear, but none of my tuners will pick them up to do it properly. Any ideas why?

What type of guitar, what type of strings (old and new), what tuner(s) etc etc?
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Quote by smartypants857
Hey,

Sounds more like the tuner is bad or the connection from the guitar to tuner is bad.
Maybe you can try a phone app (Gstrings works pretty good) or any online tuner and tune by ear.
Quote by smartypants857
Hey,

It's not the strings. Got your volume turned all the way up?

If you've got an iPhone, pick up Guitar Toolkit by Agile Partners ($2.99).
Outstanding tuner, metronome, chord library, chord finder, scales, arpeggios.

Quote by dspellman
It's not the strings. Got your volume turned all the way up?
]

My first thought
Bad battery in the tuner is my first guess. 2nd guess is bad connection between guitar and tuner. Any time my tuner can't pick up the strings, it's a weak battery 90% of the time.
Hmmm...I wonder what this button does...