so i came across this today in my local cash converters ('pawn shop' to the Americans in the room) while on my lunch break from work.

Hohner 'The Blonde'

BIG PIC #1 (front)

BIG PIC #2 (Back)

BIG PIC #3 (sticker)

the sticker pic is REALLY blurry (my bad!) so i'll now type out what it says:
Hohner AG
D786 4 7 Trossingen
Germany
Please Retain Name and Address for Future Reference
(and the same in what appears to be German and French)

after thinking the sticker may have been a model number, turns out it's just an address in Germany.

does anyone know anything about this guitar??? i've googled it to death for the past hour but all i seem to get is either basic specs which i already know (22 frets, set neck, H-H, mahogany fingerboard, metal roller nut etc) or for-sale pages!!

all i know is it played ok, it had a flat neck like my ibby gio (?16" radius) was heavy, and made a nice sound through a mid-range 'ashton' 50w amp they had lying around which i was able to commandier for about 10 minutes.

I'm GASing for a LP at the moment but i really like the look of this to be honest...

cheers guys!
Belief is a beautiful armour but makes for the heaviest sword.
I don't really know much about Hohner guitars. The few that I have played in the past seemed like solid instruments. An acoustic in particular was quite nice.

Honestly, if you like how it plays, looks, and feels, don't be afraid to buy it if you can afford it. Spec wise it has just about anything you'd want from a typical guitar. It looks like a very nice guitar to me, perhaps mid-level. I don't know how I feel about the metal roller nut, but that's just me. The little I've read online - you'll want to check out the wiring and make sure everything is connected well.

I'd like to know more about that pink strat in the picture.
Gear: Gibson Les Paul Studio, Gibson SG Special, Fender Stratocaster, Fender Telecaster, Fender Jazzmaster, Gretsch Pro Jet, Carvin C350, Epiphone ES-339 P90, Epiphone ES-335 Pro. Peavey 6505, Sovtek MIG-100, Vox AC30, Peavey XXX.
Quote by ThunderPunk

+1.

that looks like a nice 59 RI pinky.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by gregs1020
+1.

that looks like a nice 59 RI pinky.

can't be has 22 frets. looks like just another strat copy
Quote by ThunderPunk
I don't really know much about Hohner guitars. The few that I have played in the past seemed like solid instruments. An acoustic in particular was quite nice.

Honestly, if you like how it plays, looks, and feels, don't be afraid to buy it if you can afford it. Spec wise it has just about anything you'd want from a typical guitar. It looks like a very nice guitar to me, perhaps mid-level. I don't know how I feel about the metal roller nut, but that's just me. The little I've read online - you'll want to check out the wiring and make sure everything is connected well.

cheers, i'm not an amateur with wiring, my other trail of thought was to buy a used epi and swap out the p-ups so if the wiring is a little sketchy i'm alright with a soldering iron.

the pink Strat copy was a cheap POS to be honest, i think it was for sale for like £49.99 or £59.99 and it had a MASSIVE chip in the corner which showed blue paint beneath the pink stuff.
Belief is a beautiful armour but makes for the heaviest sword.
Best advice then is to play the Hohner and compare it to a few Epiphones on the rack. Whichever one impresses you most at the end of the day is probably the best guitar for you. Even then, a pickup upgrade is never a bad idea in either case - hohner or epi.
Gear: Gibson Les Paul Studio, Gibson SG Special, Fender Stratocaster, Fender Telecaster, Fender Jazzmaster, Gretsch Pro Jet, Carvin C350, Epiphone ES-339 P90, Epiphone ES-335 Pro. Peavey 6505, Sovtek MIG-100, Vox AC30, Peavey XXX.
Yeah play it a bit and see how it stacks up.

Quote by monwobobbo
can't be has 22 frets. looks like just another strat copy

that wouldn't have stopped me.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
They were made from 1997 to 1999; usually in Japan like most Hohners. As was the case with most Hohner guitars, the quality was good but they did not sell a lot of them (at least; not in the U.S.A.). The few I have seen for sale usually go for around US$300.00 in excellent condition.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
I've found the hohners have a good feel, solid instruments, pups are not that great. If you like the feel I'd change the pups. Throw in some p90s 😈