Out of Boulez, Berio and Stockhausen whose compostional skills do you respect the most,and why? I do realise music is subjective but It would be intersting to know other peoples opinions on three of the biggest composers in histroy.
That Boulez tho.

But seriously, can't they all be bad? Ugh.

Disclaimer: I love all 3 of 'em.
"There are two styles of music. Good music and bad music." -Duke Ellington

"If you really think about it, the guitar is a pointless instrument." - Robert Fripp
I tend to agree.

I think Boulez and Stockhausen are probably the Kanye West's of electronic music haha.

I enjoy Berio and Boulez more than Stockhausen, but Berio's probably the only one I wouldn't want to strangle after spending time with them.

Berio>Boulez>Stockhausen IMO.

"If you really think about it, the guitar is a pointless instrument." - Robert Fripp
Even though some of Boulez's music sounds very mechanical to me, his approach to composition has inspired me. For example, I don't use his pitch-multiplication technique, but it inspired me to approach harmony differently (and I came up with my own version of it).
Yeah, Boulez has definitely inspired me to compose the most but I think I'm in awe of Berio's music more.

Since, you know, we're 3/10 people on MT who are familiar with this stuff.

I probably enjoy Berio the most. To be fair though, i am not as well acquainted with Stockhausens work as with Berio and Boulez, so i feel i might have to investigate him further to draw a final conclusion.

They are all good though.
Fusion and jazz musician, a fan of most music.

Quote by Guthrie Govan
“If you steal from one person it's theft, and if you steal from lots of people it's research”

Quote by Chick Corea
"Only play what you hear. If you don't hear anything, don't play anything."
Check out Kontakte, it was whammy bar abuse before it was mainstream.

Gesang Der Junglinge is cool too.

Yeah. All those sequenzas be craaaaazy.