Hey UG,

I am in the market for a guitar soon, and I am thinking on a Schecter Guitar. I am a left handed player so my options are limited, but I am able to acquire a Banshee and a Hellraiser, they are roughly the same price.

The style of music I like to play is like a melodic, heavy, power metal style.

My other main guitar is an ESP LTD Eclipse EC1000 LH

I realize that Banshee is passive and Hellraiser is mainly active.
But is their one or the other that I should lean towards??

Keep it metal!
Basically they’re both superstrats, but the Banshee leans toward the design of an Ibanez RG whereas the C1 is a Les Paul/Stratocaster hybrid. The Banshee has a slightly thinner (~2mm) neck than the C1. A Banshee should be lighter because of the thinner neck and the flat top. I’m not sure which neck profile is closer to your EC1000. Schecter necks have a weird thick-to-thin profile similar to the 1970s Les Paul neck and there’s not much out there like them.
Quote by jpnyc
Basically they’re both superstrats, but the Banshee leans toward the design of an Ibanez RG whereas the C1 is a Les Paul/Stratocaster hybrid. The Banshee has a slightly thinner (~2mm) neck than the C1. A Banshee should be lighter because of the thinner neck and the flat top. I’m not sure which neck profile is closer to your EC1000. Schecter necks have a weird thick-to-thin profile similar to the 1970s Les Paul neck and there’s not much out there like them.

So would you say that what they are designed off of would affect the tone gotten out of each one?
No. The actives and passives will influence the tone more than anything. I want a banshee elite. Super sexy guitar.
Gibson LP Classic HP
Schecter LE Hellraiser C-1
Schecter KM-7
Peavey 6505+
Marshall1960a
Line 6 Wireless G50> Boss TU-3> Dunlop Orignal Crybaby> Ibanez TS-9> MXR Smart Gate> Digitech Turbo Flange> MXR Black Label Chorus> MXR Carbon Copy
I love my Hellraiser. Banshees are sweet, though. Kind of a different beast. Both would be more than fine for what you want. Just try them both and see what feels better. They have different neck shapes.
Guitars
Schecter Hellraiser C-1FR, C-1 Classic, Hellraiser Hybrid Solo-II, Special Edition E-1FR-S
Orange Rockerverb 50 212
Basses
Yamaha RBX374 and Washburn MB-6
I like them enough to never get rid of them. Id replace them with another if they were ever lost or stolen.
Gibson LP Classic HP
Schecter LE Hellraiser C-1
Schecter KM-7
Peavey 6505+
Marshall1960a
Line 6 Wireless G50> Boss TU-3> Dunlop Orignal Crybaby> Ibanez TS-9> MXR Smart Gate> Digitech Turbo Flange> MXR Black Label Chorus> MXR Carbon Copy