I been playing guitar for about a year and a half now. I bought a fiesta red Fender squier strat to learn with. The neck on that is really thick and I hated playing on it. I only cost me a 100 and something dollars. I wanted a new guitar with a thinner neck, 24 frets and a floyd rose that I could play metal on. After some research, my interest was drawn towards a ESP LTD M 100fm. I live in Memphis( close to Elvis Presley house and there aren't any music stores around here. All the music stores are out east and none off them had this particular guitar in stock and I absolutely refused obtain one through Guitar Center because I hate that place, and I can't drive yet. So I ordered one from ESP and had it shipped to my house. I knew it would be a hit or miss but I did it anyway. They guitar is everything I wanted to be. The only downside is that whoever set it up before sending to be did a way bad job. I know floyd rose bridges and a hassle but it was sent to me the the whole thing threw back into the cavity. The action was all the way down. Like the strings were all the way down on the fret board and a couple actually broke agter I picked a couple of the strings. Even though I know to restring, raise the action and level the bridge, I'm not going to alter the thing because it's my first one and I have no strings. I'm just gonna find somebody who doesn't mind driving me out east to music shop (not Guitar Center) to have a professional set it up for me.
Please edit that post into paragraphs. Too hard to read.

Learn how to do your own setups. It's all part of the art.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
every instrument I have bought used I have set up professionally when I get it , I maintain it after that ....... I also have a great tech out here ..... sometimes a good set up will make what seems like a bad guitar a great guitar
If you buy enough stringed instruments, you will get one that comes with a bad setup. It is inevitable. Fortunately, it is an easy problem to remedy; assuming there is nothing inherently wrong with the instrument.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
Quote by Cathbard

+1 to making the post legible

+2 learn how to do it yourself. if you don't have strings, order from musiciansfriend (dot com) . they have free shipping on any order (pretty sure at all levels) they ship them out pretty fast to. hell you could have them by friday.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by Cathbard

All of the above.
Although If I'm buying a guitar from a brick and mortar, and they can't be bothered to set up what they have on display, how good is their customer support after they have your money?
True. Some shop setups are terribad and it makes you wonder.
I just check that the neck is straight and frets are level, the rest I can sort out myself.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Don't get it setup at Guitar Center!!!! Can't begin to describe how horrible they are at this. Usually their harder setups get sent out of the store and farmed out to local luthier whose price they double to make it worth their hassle or if it is in house it is usually done by their pimply intern that took a correspondence course in luthiery.

Find a local pro to do it. Usually small shops are much better at this. Check your local music forum, maybe a name vwill pop up.
According to your description seems like you have to torque up the whole trem a touch and tighten the springs so it doesn't go back as much. Look up some YouTube videos. It is annoying as hell to work on FR terms but it is doable. I do my own setups and FR usually take 3 times longer than other types but they also hold longer.
You will nearly always have to get the intonation setup properly if the factory or shop hasn't set it up. Its not hard to do but if you have no experience doing this just ask the shop to do it.
Dean MAB1. Epiphone Annihilation V. EVH 5150III. Orange PPC112. Earthquaker devices - The Warden, Arrows, Acapulco Gold, Levitation, Night Wire. TS9, DD3, GE7, NS2, LS2, Polytune mini, Small Stone. SM57. Focusrite. LINUX!
Every guitar I buy comes with a shit setup, luckily the music store I buy from has a free setup with purchase of a guitar over x amount of dollars.
Gear:
Dean RC7X (Bareknuckle Coldsweat pickups)
Ibanez Rg2570Z (Bareknuckle Juggernaughts)
Schecter KM-6
Schecter Hellraiser Hybrid 7 String
Engl Powerball II
Orange PPC412
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Although there are some who might disagree with me, I think that it is always best for guitarists to learn to do your own setups - including the truss rod (perhaps with some advice from an experienced person the first few times). Except for snapping a truss rob, there is very little risk of doing anything that cannot be undone if you get into trouble. There are only a few things to know and it is something that needs to be revisited periodically (especially if you live in a climate that has distinct seasons).

Wood is a variable and organic material, and no manufacturer can ensure that dimensions will not change slightly from time of manufacturer. Careful wood selection by quality guitar makers reduces this variability but cannot eliminate it. I would never expect any guitar of any price to come with perfect set up - it all goes with the territory of being a guitarist.
I agree, everyone should learn, and it ain't rocket science. I'm replying to this after having just returned from doing a minor neck relief adjustment in my workshop. The run of damp weather had caused the neck to straighten out a bit, and cause a buzz at the 3rd fret. Easy peasy if you understand the simple geometry involved.
that is a lot of words but you do not level the bridge it follows the radius of the fretboard setup for that starts with getting the e string set to height at 17th fret you will find the specs somewhere on some website and then follow the radius there are special luthiers tools for that that can end up costing you 50 dollars are you can take it to the shop. costs usually are 20.00 but the tremolo will be a little extra depending on if the luthier doesnt mind doing them
either way take it to the small time shop they need the company and are willing to share their knowledge at the shops i've been to anyway done with my words