Love that guy! I used to buy Guitar techniques every month back in the day . He and Guthrie Govan had excellent lessons.
Quote by reverb66
Love that guy! I used to buy Guitar techniques every month back in the day . He and Guthrie Govan had excellent lessons.

I studied with Shaun for many years. Massively helped my understanding (theory) and technique. He's a close friend of mine, and a really good guy (no side to him at all).

I met him way back at the Guitar Institute when I signed up for the Intermediate/Advanced course. A very humbling experience!! He was teaching a jazz/fusion class, got me playing the usual pentatonic stuff, changed all the chords under me, and hey presto ... instant jazz sounds I didn't know I could play. That hooked me... I went for private lessons from that day on.

He's running a chain of music schools in UK, creating all the content, offering up to bachelors degree.

cheers, Jerry
Both my main private teachers have been students of Shaun, seems an awesome guy - and great vid
Bands:
Native State
A Titan, A Deity
Rash L.A

Gear:
PRS P245 Semi Hollow
Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec
Mayones Regius 7 Buckeye Burl
LSL CVS Studio Strat
Fender American Standard Tele
Faith Hi Gloss Venus

Mesa Lonestar Special
Bugera 333
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Line 6 PodHD500
I'm not sure this will be allowed to stay, to be honest, but it's a great lesson and I'd suggest seeing if you can submit it to the lessons section on the front page
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
There's one part of the video where Shaun describes classical vibrato, but in a way I've never heard of before ... that is ... using enough force on a string, applied parallel to the string, to make its tension change to either more tension (by pulling the string mass towards the nut) or less tension (by pushing the string mass towards the bridge). The key point is the effect is parallel along the string, not raising and releasing the pitch by bending the string.

I tried this, and couldn't do it ... so I texted Shaun ... who suggested I was a weakling!! ... and eventually revealed that the technique involves locking your fingers on the string, and then using the weight of your arm (not wrist) to put enough force through your locked fingers, to achieve the tension changes.

And yes, I could then do it ... feels weird, and sounds strange (especially the lowering in pitch as the string tension decreases) ...but it's pretty cool, though subtle

cheers, Jerry
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'm not sure this will be allowed to stay, to be honest, but it's a great lesson and I'd suggest seeing if you can submit it to the lessons section on the front page

I don't think I can submit someone else's video. But I'll enquire.

cheers, Jerry
Something like this is fine, there's a context to the video and it also addresses a very specific purpose - it's not just "durrhurr i found a cool video"

Carry on.

Also it's not Tom Hess...
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com