which sex pistols song is in your opinion the easiest to play ? God save the queen ?
Seventeen is probably the easiest. I am a big fan of the Pistols. God Save The Queen is deceptively simple but it's hard to nail the correct rhythm. EMI is also pretty easy as well as Bodies
Pretty much all Sex Pistols songs are easy. I see you're on this forum since 2010 I think you should be able to play pretty much any Sex Pistols song with ease considering you started playing 5 years ago. Their stuff only involves basic techniques like power chords and some easy blues riffs. And it sounds good!
Quote by nitrousable
Pretty much all Sex Pistols songs are easy.

Ah, see, you're making a mistake that most people do. You're confusing "easy" for "simple". Most Sex Pistol tunes are *simple*. That doesn't mean they'll be *easy* for any given player. For example, me. I've been playing for 2.5 decades, but my technique and skill set is terribly poor, because improvement was not something I worked on for most of those years, instead focusing on writing and playing original, simple material.

To answer the OPs question, I find Submission to be a particularly easy one to start with.
Quote by danzig138
Ah, see, you're making a mistake that most people do. You're confusing "easy" for "simple". Most Sex Pistol tunes are *simple*. That doesn't mean they'll be *easy* for any given player. For example, me. I've been playing for 2.5 decades, but my technique and skill set is terribly poor, because improvement was not something I worked on for most of those years, instead focusing on writing and playing original, simple material.

To answer the OPs question, I find Submission to be a particularly easy one to start with.

I understand what you mean but come on... Power chords is like the first thing any given player learns on electric guitar. You just have to mix them up and and that's a whole Sex Pistols technique for you... And if you're having trouble learning "classic" open chords then you can just play easily shiftable power chords. They are always the same the only thing that differentiates is the finger position on the fretboard. If you can't play solos you can just play rhythm part instead. Steve Jones couldn't play guitar for shit when he started out but look how far he's got with just some basic power chords
Last edited by nitrousable at Jun 14, 2015,