Well, there's a whole bunch of different models, ranging from low end solid state pieces of crap, to extremely expensive world-class tube amps, for several different styles and sounds.

Try being specific.
Guitars
Schecter Hellraiser C-1FR, C-1 Classic, Hellraiser Hybrid Solo-II, Special Edition E-1FR-S
Orange Rockerverb 50 212
Basses
Yamaha RBX374 and Washburn MB-6
Yes.
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"
^^+1
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
There is a fair amount of metal in them, not any rock that I'm aware (in a natural occurring sense anyways). There's a good bit of wood and plastic as well, so you're getting even more than you were looking for!
I'm just a kickin' and a gougin' in the mud and the blood and the beer.
^^ you're a loser. I ber you were beat up as a kid and deserved it.

99man: thanks, I'm asking the question is general because I know nothing of these amps. So ya, my question is a little broad.
Cute.

You know a wikipedia page exists for them? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orange_Music_Electronic_Company

Now you can know a little more about the amps. Watch some youtube video demos as well.

Now if you want help choosing a particular one, tell us your budget and location and we'll help.
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
Quote by mikerockcity

99man: thanks, I'm asking the question is general because I know nothing of these amps. So ya, my question is a little broad.

don't get your panties in a wad, he was joking with you.

Be more specific on your needs
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Why do I have to be specific? If that's my question that's my question. Speaking of panties, how are your mom's panties doing ?
Quote by mikerockcity

You're right, I got my ass kicked for asking really open-ended questions.
You can answer this question with google. We're not going to sit here and type paragraphs about all the different types of amps from the orange range.

Advice here is given with respect to particular pieces of gear. Asking "how's this brand?" is pointless because brands have both good and bad aspects to them. If you were to ask "how is this particular amp from this brand?" that would be the topic of a more useful conversation.

All of your posts and threads are terrible.
Quote by SimplyBen

Quote by Toppscore
Quote by mikerockcity
Why do I have to be specific? If that's my question that's my question. Speaking of panties, how are your mom's panties doing ?

This is a forum and there are certain ways to make a decent thread that will get you good answers. Your question is very broad so deal with the answers you get

Besides, I don't have a mom, me and my dad share yours
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Robbgnarly
Besides, I don't have a mom, me and my dad share yours

Quote by SimplyBen

Quote by Toppscore
You guys are losers. Keep commenting my " bad threads " and getting irritated with them. I'll keep posting them.
inb4bant.
Quote by SimplyBen

Quote by Toppscore
Quote by mikerockcity
You guys are losers. Keep commenting my " bad threads " and getting irritated with them. I'll keep posting them.

I think they're great. It's helping me talk about my childhood bullying problem. I remember the worst time was when I asked what the best food was, the boys really kicked the shit out of me. Then the girls had their turn. And then I had a good cry, figured out my life and joined a guitar forum for my support group.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Did you ever consider that you get what you give?

Give good info, get good info.

Give out shit, get it back.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Really?? Then why did the first guy who answered asked me to be more specific and that's it? The rest of you "trolling " are losers.
Orange is junk. Get something made in USA like a Green, Purple, Blue, Black, Red or White amp.
Fender '72 Telecaster Deluxe RI
Schecter C-1 Artist II
1978 Music Man HD130
+ a bunch of neat pedals

screamy emo band
Baby why are you so mad? Just talk to me, use your words
We heard the circus was in town, we were lookin for work
The first reply had the correct answer. Now go away please.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by nick.culliton
Actually if it's not point-to-point wiring, it can't do metal.

I can't really stress this enough. The harmonic imaging of a point to point wiring system diagnostically enhances the subtle frequencies of the top-end range.

It's also been correlated with a slight 17.5kHz increase if the point to point wiring uses the hands of a Polish male compared to an Australian female. This is essential to a good metal tone and this is a screening process Orange employs to maximise tonal stability.

Of course, these amps MUST feature true bypass. It provides harmonic qualities beyond imagine.
Quote by SimplyBen

Quote by Toppscore
Quote by mikerockcity
Really?? Then why did the first guy who answered asked me to be more specific and that's it? The rest of you "trolling " are losers.

The request for specificity was to help us help you. Its almost a 100% lock that a vague question like your first one will be met with a request for more info.

Then one guy made a simple pun.

Since then, you've been...less than civil. Because of that overreaction, very few people will be interested in helping, and will be MUCH more interested in poking you more to see if they can get you banned.

The biggest issue with the original question is that just about any amp can do rock or metal. Or both. Orange amps are 1970's hard rock icons. It's just a matter of what the needs of the user are.

Fender '72 Telecaster Deluxe RI
Schecter C-1 Artist II
1978 Music Man HD130
+ a bunch of neat pedals

screamy emo band
For the record TS, I'd say that most any Orange will be competent for SOME kind of rock, but what in particular are you looking for? I wouldn't say an AD30 will be ideal for Cannibal Corpse, and I wouldn't reccend a TH30 for the Stones. As Danny said, specifity is the key to figuring out what you want.

I don't walk in to a car dealer and ask if Fords are good for hauling. It depends, what are you hauling? What kind of vehicle do you want to drive? Does gas mileage matter? As Curt said, Google can answer your question, we'd be happy to help but some input is expected.
Last edited by dementiacaptain at Jun 10, 2015,