Page 1 of 4
First of all, I would like to say thank you to every participant in the last comp. Every single one of you made this competition possible.
Second, I want to welcome you all to the fourth installation in the latest series of short story competitions that I have been hosting. Any and all new writers are welcome!
Third, I wish you all good luck, good will, long days, and pleasant nights.

Rules:

#1. No Plagiarism

#2. If you enter the contest, YOU MUST BE A JUDGE, BUT YOU CANT JUDGE YOURSELF. Once, we have reached the deadline, judges/contestants will write and email lists of their most favored stories, numbering them from best to worst. Any more questions about this just post here or PM me.

#3. No re-submitting entries. If you have already submitted an entry as part of the last comp, you cant use that same entry.

#4. This time around we will have a theme. The theme is "Deep-Sea Creatures" Each author should have something in their entry relating to this theme and judges should take into account how much each story sticks to the theme.

#5. The Deadline is set at August 5th, 2015. Each entry must be submitted in this thread by that date.

#6. Have Fun!
If you do something right, no one will know you've done anything at all

Proud to be called Best Friends with Pastafarian96
****in sweet ill do one this time. Reserved fo latah
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
I would be really into this if my only access to the internet wasn't my phone.
Some have friends....

... others have guitars....

Hey, it's uhh... 4:20....

Thought you'd like to know is all.

I am not here to make you laugh, I'm here to make you horny.
Tentacle rape or dolphin hunting?
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by theogonia777
Tentacle rape or dolphin hunting?

I wanna see both

NOW.
A poem.
Quote by yoman297
no girl, movember isnt for you. shave your stache pls

I can out-bore you any day
With their show canceled and their careers ended, Dylan and Cole Sprouse resorted to poaching dolphins for their natural oils as a means of creating the income necessary to sustain their frivolous lifestyle and sophomoric antics; juvenile shenanigans and luxury bunkbeds don't pay for themselves.

After yet another unsuccessful day of pursuing their quarry on their fishing boat, the Sprouse Grouse, the twins were particularly frustrated. The fact that their aims were roughly equatable to that of Christian Ponder was largely to blame. With the bountiful sea refusing to yield a satisfactory harvest, or any quantity whatsoever, and being contractually obligated to eat nothing but Danimals yogurt, they decided to call it quits for the day and set sail for port.

While heading in, Dylan detected an ominous anomaly. Storm clouds were gathering, and yet the barometer showed no significant drop in atmospheric pressure. Cole tried to reassure his brother that he was simply misreading the gauge on the instrument due to a combination of dehydration, weariness, and possible food poisoning brought on by inadequately refrigerated yogurt.

As the briny deep traded it's placid green hue for a bleak grey, the sea began to churn. Among the whitecaps, an unsettling ripple began to appear, as if something straight from an old seaman's mouth. The situation elevated from fisherman's tale to the stuff of Viking legend as a great beast rose from the center of the maelstrom.

The beast descended upon the Sprouse Grouse like a ravenous pack of wolves and ensnared the vessel with its tentacles. Within moments it bisected the boat and the twins quickly found themselves in the swirling froth of the enraged sea. Their assailant snatched them up and began to perform unspeakable acts on the twins with its tentacles. After an experience that eclipsed even the expulsion of the vile Danimals yogurt, the twins were dragged down into the abyss below, never to be seen again.

In the weeks following, curious reports of mysterious deaths of dolphins due to poisoning by rancid dairy products began to fill the middle pages of newspapers all across small coastal port towns. It would seem that the twins were for more proficient in the ways of pollution via flotsam than in hunting marine life.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Okay. You can call off the contest now. Nothing can top that.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Last edited by theogonia777 at Jun 11, 2015,
I asked.

You delivered.
A poem.
Quote by yoman297

Quote by Duaneclapdrix
Deep sea creatures?

Well.

I'll see what I can do with that then.

Yeah, I just made the theme "deep sea creatures"because it was the first thing that came to mind. probably not the best idea I could come up with but there ya go.

I am willing to change it to something more interesting or thoughtful if someone wants to come up with some fresh ideas.

what about (sticking with the sea/ocean) sailors? or boats? a little more familiar.
A poem.
Quote by yoman297

How about "The Sea" for a theme?
That could be a lot of things. Sea Of Tranquility, for example.

Nothing to Study,
But the Glimmer of morning light
dancing musically across sprawling spider webs,
A soft breeze lifts pearlescent strings high into the air-
Each one rising to new celebrity status
Quote by Overlord
It's not hard to be nice, but it's nice to be hard
Oh, I don't particularly mind the theme, it was just a bit like "what?"

I think it's kinda fun to try to mold stuff around odd themes though. I'm basically going to write whatever I want and put in refrences to the theme just for unity with the other submissions. That's what I've done all the other times.
Yeah, trying to fit a specific theme is challenging, but it's interesting to see what people come up with. I'd say leave it how it is.
i like deep sea creatures for a theme. Forces you to use your imagination in coming up with something. Pirates, cthulu, davey jones, titanic, scuba, shipwrecks, so much possibility
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ok the votes have it. "Deep Sea Creatures" it shall remain.

Some inspiration:

^ The untold depths of the ocean are so phenomenally breathtaking.
A poem.
Quote by yoman297

Quote by Pastafarian96
^ The untold depths of the ocean are so phenomenally breathtaking.

part of the reason why I made the theme "deep sea creatures"

Nobody is going to top my story.
Then who was phone?
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
Quote by Banjocal
Then who was phone?

Cthulu. You heard of dialing on the charm? Well he dialed the harm on the poachers because they were armed encroachers in his watery domain. Teach them a lesson and pay attention because school is in session and instead of detention, those who don't learn will have brine on the brain. You get my drift, Captain?
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
Sign my up, been wanting to tackle a short story for some time. Any word limit?

The word limit is equivalent to the weight in lbs of the creature you write about.
Quote by theogonia777
The word limit is equivalent to the weight in lbs of the creature you write about.

So is 45 the minimum or max
Why would you write a story about something that weighs 45 lbs?
What did you pick, a mackerel?
Yes, I need to get back into writing. I think I have a decent concept, but how to make a story out of it... I'm going right up to the deadline; the last week in July I'll be on vacation at the beach and that is the perfect opportunity to write about sea creatures while getting drunk on rum. It'll be a masterpiece.
Less than 4 weeks to the deadline!

Quote by chaoticfables
Holy cow. I've been interested in starting writing for a while

is there a word limit? or a minimum?

The word limit is the weight in lbs of the creature that you write about.
Quote by theogonia777
The word limit is the weight in lbs of the creature that you write about.

So is 45 the minimum or max
It's both
Quote by Mr E Meat
this is your brain

this is your brain on RT

Quote by Standard_A440
Given that you reside in the shade of the natural light of reason, I will defer doing your homework to you.
I have been pretty lax as far as the word limit in this round. I didnt set a limit so technically, as it is, you could post a story only one sentence long (if you thought it was an awesome enough sentence to win) and it would still be accepted as a valid entry.

Ok, I can confirm that I will participate, mostly because I've written half my story already and am sure that I can actually finish it.
Page 1 of 4