I get paid in the morning, and I've narrowed my search down to 4 guitars. Price isn't an issue, since they're all in the same price range. What I'm concerned with is the sound. Now, I've watched all the review videos and blah blah.. All sound good. Which would you choose? I'd very much appreciate your opinion! I'm unsure which is my favorite, though.. I remember the end game has no spot for a tremolo bar.. Which is no fun.

BC Rich Kerry King Signature KKV - Only reason I doubted this one, is because of the BDSM pickups, I always heard they're extremely cheap and potentially crappy.. The reviews on here aren't that swell, either. Also, made in China.
Construction: bolt-on
Body wood: basswood
Top style: beveled
Headstock style: Widow
Headstock color: black
Tuners: B.C. Rich diecast
Neck wood: maple
Back of neck: natural satin
Nut width: 43mm
Fretboard: rosewood
Inlay: white pearloid dots
Frets: 24 jumbo 2.7mm
Factory strings: 9 - 42
Scale: 25-1/2"
Bridge / tailpiece type: wraparound fixed
Pickups: 2 BDSM B.C. Rich humbuckers
Controls: 1 volume, 1 tone and 1 three-way toggle
Hardware: chrome
Finish: painted glossy

Dean Dave Mustaine Signature End Game - I used to own this one, Active pickups, sounded great, but I lost it to the pawn shop.

TopMahogany
BodyMahogany
NeckMahogany
Scale Length25 1/2"
Neck TypeSet Neck
Neck ProfileDave Mustaine Spec D-Shapped
FingerboardRosewood
InlaysPearl Dot
# of Frets 24
KnobsBlack Dome
Hardware ColorBlack
BridgeTune-O-Matic
Pickup (Neck)DMT Design Active
Pickup (Bridge)DMT Design Active
BindingWhite Single Ply on Neck
FinishGloss
ColorEnd Game Custom Graphic

Dean Chicago

Mahogany Top
Mahogany Body
24-3/4" Scale
1-11/16" Nut
Set Mahogany V Neck
Rosewood Fingerboard
Pearl Dot Inlays
Single Ply Cream Neck Binding
Grover Tuners
Chrome w/ Gold Plate & Output Jack Hardware
Tune-O-Matic String-Through Bridge
DiMarzioå¨ Super Distortion Bridge & Neck Pickups
Finishes: Classic Black, Gloss Natural, Trans Cherry

1985 Ibanez DT250, I've heard these guitars are awesome. The videos of people playing them, it sounds GREAT. And it's $100 cheaper than the others.

Body: Basswood
Neck: bolt-on, Maple with Rosewood Fingerboard (BK and WH models), Maple with Maple Fingerboard stained red (TR model)
Machine Heads: unknown
Scale: 25 1/2"
Pickup(s): dual V-5
Control(s): (1) Master Volume, (1) Master Tone, 3-way Toggle
Bridge: Powerocker tremolo system
Tailpiece: Powerocker tremolo system
Control Knob(s): TEK GRIP
Hardware: Black
Finish(es): BK - Black, TR - Transparent Red, WH - White
Whichever one plays and sounds good to you is the one you want.
Hmmm...I wonder what this button does...
Not the Chicago nor the Ibanez b/c they just look fugly, in my view.

Not sure what KKV that is. Is it the discontinued one with white tribal graphics? In any case, for me it would be between the BC Rich and the Dean. If you don't like the BDSM pickups you can always replace them if necessary. I used to have Warlock with those pickups and I had no issued with them. Assuming you're finding these guitars for around the same price, the Dean is more guitar though.
Yeah, it's definitely the cheapo black and white tribal one. Gotta love good ol' dean. Thank you for your opinion!
If I had to choose one of those, I'd get Dean Chicago easy. Super Distortions stock you know you're set for a good time. Definitely a safer buy than any of the others.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
I would go for the Dean Dave Mustaine Signature End Game
just because I need a set neck and a 25.5" scale
You know, if they're online anyway, you could have just linked them instead of spec-spamming.
Anyway, I vote for the Chicago. Cream binding is hella stylish.
I would choose the Dave Mustaine Signature. Set neck, mahogany, 25.5 scale, I like the shape of the neck and the active DMT Desing pickups are quite decent.

One question, does it really has to be one those guitars? Don't you want other suggestions? Not saying you shouldn't get any of the guitars you listed, but maybe you could find a better guitar that could suit you better.

Only the Ibanez out of those guitars has a tremolo btw. Not sure how good it is though.
Last edited by DanyFS at Jun 11, 2015,
I think I'm gonna go with the Dean End Game. The Ibanez is pretty beat up, and I may play around with it a bit, and it fall apart.. And theres no return policy, either. I appreciate all of yous guy's help =]
Quote by stevenkingmetcalfe
I think I'm gonna go with the Dean End Game. The Ibanez is pretty beat up, and I may play around with it a bit, and it fall apart.. And theres no return policy, either. I appreciate all of yous guy's help =]

Booyah. V lovers unite!
Quote by Roc8995
Yes, and people still got polio and you had to crank your car up by hand and put whale oil in the lamps every night.

Things are better now.

Quote by dannyalcatraz
Style is in the hands. Taste is in the hands. But tone? Tone is in the gear.
Quote by stevenkingmetcalfe

Make a NGD when you get it
I'd get the Dean Chicago
Well, you can call me crazy
You can call me wrong, 'cause
See I was born a liar, albatross
Fly on, fly on
BC-Rich: Cheap pickups, cheap hardware, not to mention it's a BC Rich. I know they're not all bad, but in general... And for me the bolt on neck would be a deal breaker.

Chicago: I'd go for this one. I'm not sure what shape it is, I don't think the Chicago is a specific shape, but it's nice hardware, should look nice, set neck, DiMarzios, what more do you want?

Mustaine: Wouldn't be a bad choice either, but the finish is a bit weird, depends if you like active pickups, depends if you miss your old one, depends whether you prefer 24.75" or 25.5"

DT250: You'd have to pay me to take this one. Usually I love star guitars but this one looks awful, it's bolt-on, basswood, and I can't imagine it sounding very good. If it's from the 80's there's a good chance it will need new electronics too, so suddenly it isn't as cheap as you thought.

edit- Sorry, I didn't see you'd already chosen. Sounds nice, I'll check to see if you make a NGD.
Last edited by dragonzrmetal at Jun 22, 2015,