Hey all,

does anyone know of anything available in the UK that is like "Finger Ease" & "Fast Fret"? from what i can see these are only available in the USA and i don't fancy paying a customs charge when they get shipped over!

got a few summer gigs coming up and i don't want to have sweaty hands not being able to slide up and down the frets properly
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"
A) Fast fret is available from just about every guitar shop in the UK I've ever stepped foot in.

http://www.soundunlimited.co.uk/products/planet_waves_xlr8_string_lubricantcleaner Is a slightly cheaper alternative. (Disclaimer: that is the shop I work at, widely available elsewhere too)

B) there's a lower cap on custom charges, you wouldn't get caught with import charges on fast fret.

C) if sweat is an issue, you will find that your wrists will sweat a lot more than your hands, invest in an attractive (as much as they can be) set of sports wristbands
Epiphone Les Paul Plus Top
Jet City JCA5212RC (SLO Modded)
Ibanez WD7 Wah
Mad Professor Sweet Honey Overdrive
TC Electronic Flashback Triple Delay
TC Electronic Trinity Reverb
Is that just for the front of the fret board? My hand seems to get stuck on the back of the neck more than the strings.
Sanding the back of the neck with 400 grit wet and dry paper and then buffing with 0000 steel wool produces a satin finish on the backs at reduces sticking
Epiphone Les Paul Plus Top
Jet City JCA5212RC (SLO Modded)
Ibanez WD7 Wah
Mad Professor Sweet Honey Overdrive
TC Electronic Flashback Triple Delay
TC Electronic Trinity Reverb
Last edited by GABarrie at Jun 11, 2015,
I will have to try that. It seems like that lacquer finish is hard to slide. Does it actually damage the finish or just smooth it out?
Quote by tysona23
I will have to try that. It seems like that lacquer finish is hard to slide. Does it actually damage the finish or just smooth it out?

Do it lightly. The idea is to put microscratches in the surface to break the surface tension a fully gloss surface will sometimes produce (thus causing stickage).
Quote by nichollsno10
Hey all,

does anyone know of anything available in the UK that is like "Finger Ease" & "Fast Fret"? from what i can see these are only available in the USA and i don't fancy paying a customs charge when they get shipped over!

I think the main ingredient in both of those is mineral oil. Mineral oil is about $11/gallon at hardware stores here in LA. Wipe your guitar down well when you're done.
Quote by tysona23
Is that just for the front of the fret board? My hand seems to get stuck on the back of the neck more than the strings.

i take down the finish on most of the guitars i plan on keeping. i just tape off the pickups well and use #0000 steel wool on the back of the neck until i like how it feels. you want to tape up the pickups so no steel wool particles get in.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
I have a Vintage LP copy and since it's an LP, it had a glossy neck. I just used masking tape to make an atractive scarfed area on the headstock and body jont and attacked it with a scotch pad. Every 6 months or so it needs to be 'topped up', but it's a fairly easy process and doesn't create the debris that steel wool does.