I bought a mighty mite hot rail for my mim strat but i installed it and it sounds thin and like sh@t. Ive never intalled something like these before so i looked up instruction on a s.d. hot rail instructions And jumped on. It
press ctrl + w
You probably either did not quite get good solder joints on all the connections, or you did not use the correct color code for wiring. You cannot assume that the pickup you have uses the same color coding as Duncan does. Find the original color coding for your pickup, then double check all your connections.
Agreed. You have something flipped on the color code. The wrong wire is going to the wrong place.
Harmony: Stratocaster
Alvarez: F-200
Schecter: Omen 6
Fender: BXR-60
Dean: Metalman Z Bass (Betty)
Egnator: Tweaker 15
Pearl: Maximum
ESP/LTD: EXP-300
Custom: Harley Quinn Bass
Custom: TK-421 Explorer
A steadily growing supply of pedals
Damn should i follow any mighty mite pickup wiring diagram or do i have to find that specific one?
press ctrl + w
Quote by ryanbwags
Agreed. You have something flipped on the color code. The wrong wire is going to the wrong place.

+1 if you don't pay much attention to which wires are what on other pickups you will mess something up. not a big deal, just swap a couple wires after you look at your soldering and figure what goes where. good luck.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/