I don't really listen to Satriani that much but this doesn't really sound that much like him? I could be wrong, I just don't get the vibe.

Now, the real problem that I have with this video is the fact that there are no such things as pentatonic keys. You can't say that a track is in D pentatonic. It's not a key, it's a scale shape that's useful in improvisation and rock/blues songwriting. It's not uncommon to hear rock and blues songs that use nothing but pentatonic tones, but that doesn't mean that other diatonic tones wouldn't fit.

The backing track sounds nice though, it's bare bones simple but that's completely okay for a backing track. I might try soloing over this, I do like the idea that you portray the key changes like that, it's really useful for beginners and why not more advanced players alike.
Quote by Jet Penguin
Theory: Not rules, just tools.

Quote by Hail
*note that by fan i mean that guy who wants his friends to know he knows this totally obscure hip band that only he knows about with 236 views on youtube. lookin' at Kev here
I understand that there is no pentatonic key, but for the purpose of simply conveying the theory to beginners I wrote it as such. Of course I could say the song is in c major but the relative minor so a minor, and it focuses around the pentatonic minor scale. Or for simplicity I could say its A pentatonic.

Another point is that since the chords are based around the pentatonic notes that scale sounds best. you could use A minor over this song, but the second and sixth notes of the scale wouldn't fit so well.
I'm not implying that you wouldn't understand, but that a beginner could misunderstand it, especially since you don't specify between major and minor pentatonic in the video. Just that if you're looking for criticism, as people who post here are, my only gripe would be the slight mislabeling that is going on. I see no other flaws in your track.
Quote by Jet Penguin
Theory: Not rules, just tools.

Quote by Hail
*note that by fan i mean that guy who wants his friends to know he knows this totally obscure hip band that only he knows about with 236 views on youtube. lookin' at Kev here