Ok so first off hello everyone at UG , second a little about myself, I am a 16 yr old who has been playing for about 6/mo and now Know most of my basic chords, and can change them at a decent speed.
I have a guitar teacher in the spring and fall and have been with him about 1/mo.
now moving on.
my cousin is getting married in about 5/mo and I really want to play something for her at her wedding, so I am looking for easy/intermediate solo's to play on an acoustic guitar, what I really wanted to learn was "dance with me" by orleans but I cannot find much info on it.
any other help/advice is appreciated.
p.s. is this even a good idea?
p.p. I have performed once before but really messed up due to under practise ; I don"t get stage fright though.
Last edited by poggstank at Jun 11, 2015,
First of all, welcome!

Dance with me by Orleans would not be my first choice, as there is more than one guitar playing there, however there's probably a way of mashing the two together and getting a suitable facsimile. try these chords and this tab. They should give you an idea of what to do.

I wouldn't say this is a bad idea, but you really should practice, it's a wedding and that's the sort of place you don't want to screw up playing at.

Out of curiosity, what was the performance you did do?
A poem.
Quote by yoman297
no girl, movember isnt for you. shave your stache pls

I can out-bore you any day
Thanks for the chords and Tabs but I think mashing them might be slightly beyond me, and really dance with me isn't really my first choice, it's is just that song that would be perfect you know, as a manner of fact right now its my only choice so any other suggestions would be nice. And whatever it is I decide on Ill be practising it and only it for the next 5/mo or at least until i've got it down pat, cause yah I really dont want to screw up at my cousins wedding. And I performed "he's a pirate" by Klaus Badelt/hans zimmer and I was really bad, but I can do it much better now.
and also any advice on what feels like a stone bruise on my finger tip cause I get it now and then but usually only on the same finger :/
Hmm, if you can even remotely sing, I could suggest 'I Just Wanna Dance With You' by George Strait (unless you hate country music, sounds alright on an acoustic and only three chords). Other than that there's probably something like Ain't She Sweet that you could do but I'm running low on ideas.

However which finger is it that keeps hurting? Sore fingers are usually a sign that calluses are forming, meaning longer playing.
A poem.
Quote by yoman297

thanks for the suggestions, and i'm Ok with country music and can sing a little but i'm not terribly confident about it, I just don't quite think either of those songs would quite work, I was kina hoping for something slightly more neutral, if you get what im trying to say, besides if I sang "I just wanna dance with you" my cousin would probably make me dance with her and I can't LOL xD.
p.s its my middle finger
Fair enough about the singing, but if you directed it to the entire audience it'd be different. No matter. Is there a specific vibe you want the song to put across? If you have an idea of what you want the audience to feel, that helps.

also in regards to your finger, I'm guessing you might be pushing down too hard with your middle finger, you don't need to press down hard unless you're playing barre chords, so maybe ease up a bit on your fretting hand.
A poem.
Quote by yoman297

Well I was going to direct it at the audience but I was going to do it for her, just don't wanna get taken the wrong way ya know.
And a for a vibe I really don't know I haven't thought of that. maybe a little sad (I wont be seeing her again for quite some time, as in years). but then again its a wedding so maybe something you could feel like dancing to? I don't know but that's what I can think of off the top of my head. And yah you are probably right about my finger I've actually been trying to lighten up on my chords for some time now but always catch myself mashing down on them :P
If you had a band I'd suggest an Australian song called "Am I Ever Going To See Your Face Again?" but I don't think that's all that wedding suitable.

Look, I'm out of ideas, I'm going to (hesitantly) suggest that you post this question in the pit, someone there will have been to a wedding where the songs would fit what you want. However be warned, you will get a lot of stupid answers and some potentially offensive ones, but you're more likely to find what you want if you wade through all the idiocy.
A poem.
Quote by yoman297

Thanks man you have been more than helpful, and I'll consider the pit, but I took a look in there and can see what you mean, but again thank you.
p.s. im considering "dancing in the moonlight" by king harvest what do you think?
Last edited by poggstank at Jun 15, 2015,
Yes! That'd be a great song to do! there's only 5-6 chords and it's got a good feel to it. I'm going to say that's the one you should do.

Chords
tab
Main difference there is the chords because one is in the original key of F minor and the other's in D minor.
A poem.
Quote by yoman297

Thanks man, and again you have been so helpful, thanks for taking the time.
can I pm you if I have questions?
Last edited by poggstank at Jun 17, 2015,
Sure, I'd be happy to help.
A poem.
Quote by yoman297