Not sure if this is the right forum to post such things, but I figured I'd give it a shot.
Please help if you can at all (Copied from Tony's FB page):

Friends,
Our trailer was broken into overnight at our hotel in Austin, TX, and the thieves stole all of Tony's guitars.

Serial numbers will be added shortly:
- his black Ibanez Guitars custom 7-string with EMG Pickups installed (serial LA071509);
- his white Ibanez 7-string with black EMG 707 pickups (serial LA0168);
The above guitars are Tony's only two Ibanez 7's and he has been photographed with them extensively.
Also stolen were a Peavy EVH sunburst, a white Carvin 7-string; plus Tony's pedalboard.

All of Bjorn's basses were stolen:
- Carvin Amplifiers Blue PB 4 custom
- Carvin Black PB 5 custom
- Carvin SeaFoam Green PB 5
- 2 Carvin wireless transmitters with Guitar straps (inkl 1 red custom alligator)
- Misc. Tools, strings, batteries etc etc

Aquiles Priester's drum gear was also stolen:
Mapex USA Drums Saturn IV
1 X 8"X7" Rack Tom
1 X 10"X8" Rack Tom
1 X 12"X9" Rack Tom
1 X 10"X4" Snare (Steel)
1 X 6"X4" LP Timbale

1 X Eletronic bag with:
- cables
- heaphones
- ipod support
- 4 roland triggers
- TM-2 roland module
- gibraltar spare parts

Paiste Cymbals
Paiste Bag 1:
1 X Rude China Basher 14”
2 X Rude Splash 10”
1 X 602 Splash 10”
2 X Signature Splash 8”
2 X 2002 PsychOctopus Giga Bell Ride 18”
1 X Signature Heavy Hi-Hat 14”
1 X 2002 Sound Edge Hi-Hat 15”

Paiste Bag 2:
1 X Signature Power Crash 17”
3 X Signature Power Crash 18”
1 X Signature Power Crash 19”
1 X Rude Basher 18”
1 X Rude Thin Crash 18”
1 X Rude Thin Crash 19”
2 X Signature Heavy China 18”

As you can imagine, this has completely disabled our tour. When you take a musician's instruments you remove their livelihood.

Please share this post! We hope our network of friends and fans can help us recover our gear.
I can only listen to so many breakdowns and "spoken word" vocals before I wanna puke.

I find Jennette McCurdy attractive, but Elizabeth Gillies and Debby Ryan much more so.

That's enough, Djent people. We get it.
Good lord- that is quite a theft. I would be so enraged. I have a connection with most of my gear beyond a monetary level
Quote by suckmahnuts
Watterboy, I love you.

Quote by davrossss
You are now my favourite person on UG.....You write cool shit.

Quote by wannabestoner69

You'd think they would have just stolen the trailer. That's a lot of gear to steal without being noticed. Definitely feel bad for Tony and the guys though. Hope it was all insured.
That really sucks.

Thats the exact reason, when a band I was in was touring, we backed the trailer up to a brick wall or the side of a building at night so you couldn't access the back doors.
that's awful
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Like Watterboy mentioned it's not so much the money but some of the gear we all have is rather precious to us especially your personal guitars. About 20 years ago I had that happen to me when someone broke in my van and took all of my gear. Fortunately the only guitar I lost was a backup guitar that I didn't have long enough to get heavily attached to but amps, speakers and an entire PA system mics and all disappeared and I was left with an empty van with a broken side window and no insurance. The worst part is all those little specially made cables, power adapters, and little unique items that I collected over years were gone.

Sorry Tony. That really sucks.
Yes I am guitarded also, nice to meet you.
Music and photo gear are among the most easily stolen and fenced, so they're a magnet for thieves. I've had gear (and cars!) stolen and have only had limited opportunities to kneecap the thieves.

I expect (and hope) that the gear is all insured, that they'll have replacements quickly, and be on with their tour. Certainly those vendors whose gear they endorse will make haste to replace their gear.

It offers a cautionary tale, of course, on how important security is and on the reasons why you have backup gear (both for performances and back home in case of something like this happening). And on why you don't take gear on tour that would devastate you in case of loss.

I've taken some ribbing about my "bar guitars". While the theft of that gear would really tick me off (and folks, I wasn't kidding about knee-capping), I could easily replace it and be ready to go in relatively short order. You don't expose your precious baby emotionally-connected guitars to the rigors of the road, no matter what the internet goofs tell you.
Right. I had a good friend and former band mate who was loading out his gear at the end of the night. He went outside and put his guitar in his van. He then walked back inside to pick up more of his gear and walked right back outside and in the one minute he was gone his guitar disappeared. Obviously someone was watching and knew the bands routine when packing up and was just waiting for the moment.
Yes I am guitarded also, nice to meet you.
Last edited by Rickholly74 at Jun 12, 2015,
Quote by diabolical
If you have so much $$$ in your trailer I am at a loss why you'd leave it unattended.

There's also a thing called "tour insurance", if you're a professional musician you should have it.

?

What are you supposed to do, have someone stay awake all night watching it?
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Quote by Arby911
?

What are you supposed to do, have someone stay awake all night watching it?

Yes. That's what we did. Actually we (the band) partied all night while our driver/s slept in the other motel room, so we watched our van.

Well, I am sure they have roadies, they can take turns, and not taking tour insurance makes no sense. I think you can also easily put an alarm on the trailer if nothing else.
Shitty situation for sure but they could've taken security measures. Most likely they stayed at crack ***** motel as well, I know what happened as I know quite a few shady little places like these where it is the only thing you can afford while on tour. The place left where you can park your trailer at the end of the night is usually as far back from the room which have already filled during the early hours of the night.
There is a new app - GPSRoadie - that uses smartphones to protect instruments, tour vans, tour trailers... The app uses a smartphone's GPS and cellular location tech to protect anything that moves. It does require at 2 phones - a cheap smartphone to load the app and use to protect, which messages one or more other phones if it's stolen. It is the cheapest and easiest way to protect your gear.

It also broadcasts stolen instrument alerts, most with rewards if you find the instrument for sale.

www.GPSRoadie.com
Quote by Screaming Stone
There is a new app - GPSRoadie - that uses smartphones to protect instruments, tour vans, tour trailers... The app uses a smartphone's GPS and cellular location tech to protect anything that moves. It does require at 2 phones - a cheap smartphone to load the app and use to protect, which messages one or more other phones if it's stolen. It is the cheapest and easiest way to protect your gear.

It also broadcasts stolen instrument alerts, most with rewards if you find the instrument for sale.

www.GPSRoadie.com

So that gives you 3 days of location at best? Better than nothing
The battery life is a problem for any phone. To maximize, the app is kept extremely minimal. It pings every 60 seconds, which is a decent tradeoff of accuracy and battery drain.

What you can do if it's protecting a trailer or van is connect an external power source to the phone (I've used a solar battery poweradd).

Because you're notified of the theft immediately and you can tell the police exactly where it is, you have a good chance of getting it back before the battery dies.
If possible, back the trailer against the wall.

If your in a bad area, take shifts watching the trailer.

Strung Out had their entire Van and trailer stolen few years back (2007) in Philadelphia because they went old school and bought a van instead of renting a tour-bus ($1500+ a day). never recovered any of the instruments, only the van and empty trailer.
www.altpress.com/news/entry/archive_2808
http://lambgoat.com/news/9526/Strung-Out-robbed-in-Philadelphia
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Last edited by Robbgnarly at Jun 26, 2015,
I had a bunch of friends that did a few short tours. All their gear was in a van, and they took turns sleeping in the van, on top of the speaker cabs.

On a mattress on top of the cans, anyway.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
It'd be interesting to know just how it happened. Did they crowbar a lock, or what. They had to have a truck to load all the stuff on.
------------------------------
Ibanez Artstar AS80
Yamaha CG151C
Yamaha YPG225
Yamaha FG720S
Peavey Special 212
Vox Cambridge 15
DR Pure Blues .010s, Dunlop Gel Heavys