So I'm kinda inexperienced with electric guitars but I've had my Vox AC30C2 for a about a year now and I've noticed a definite change in the sound, I keep getting a very distortion like sound from it, and I can't change it back no matter how I try fiddling with the guitar knobs/amp knobs. I placed every setting on it's minimum volume level but it still doesn't sound clean and there is almost zero difference between when I plug in my Rat 2 Distortion pedal and my amplifier by itself. Does anyone know what is wrong and what I can do? Thank you.
Sounds like a dead tube off the top of my head.

Is it still running the stock tubes?
Epiphone Les Paul Plus Top
Jet City JCA5212RC (SLO Modded)
Ibanez WD7 Wah
Mad Professor Sweet Honey Overdrive
TC Electronic Flashback Triple Delay
TC Electronic Trinity Reverb
Yeah you need a new set of tubes. I'd get pre and power tubes also replace the rectifier tube
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Robbgnarly
also replace the rectifier tube

That's a tall order! C2 version has an SS rectifier.
Quote by Roc8995
That's a tall order! C2 version has an SS rectifier.

hey I'm no Vox guy at all, but I do know the AC30 with the rectifier almost always has an issue with the rectifier because of the way the circuit is made.

But I totally plead the billy maddison on this one
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Yeah, its tubes.
The stock tubes aren't the best IMO anyway.
I went with JJ's which are a little darker, but I could still regularly blow my friend's Fender Hot Rod Deville (60 watts) into the weeds volume wise and still be cleaner.

Quote by Robbgnarly
hey I'm no Vox guy at all, but I do know the AC30 with the rectifier almost always has an issue with the rectifier because of the way the circuit is made.

But I totally plead the billy maddison on this one

noob
The CC's have a rectifier tube though.