Hey,

So I'm entering a busking competition which is strictly only battery powered amplification. I was planning on sending backing tracks through my laptop and my Line6 HD500 through a small speaker system. I'd need to power the laptop, HD500 and the speakers through a battery powered source. Any affordable and reliable solutions?

Many Thanks,
Neil
"Even though I've found God, I still love blow jobs, and I still say fuck." - Dave Mustaine

You know, when you, like, you grab a woman's breast and it's... and you feel it and... it feels like a bag of sand when you're touching it.
Quote by Wardster
Hey,

So I'm entering a busking competition which is strictly only battery powered amplification. I was planning on sending backing tracks through my laptop and my Line6 HD500 through a small speaker system. I'd need to power the laptop, HD500 and the speakers through a battery powered source. Any affordable and reliable solutions?

Many Thanks,
Neil

Define "affordable"?

Something like this will work, but how long do you need it to run for?

http://www.amazon.com/Duracell-600-Watt-Powerpack-Pro/dp/B009YR00MI/ref=sr_1_5?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1434125606&sr=1-5
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Last edited by Arby911 at Jun 12, 2015,
Something that would hopefully be covered by my busking - haha. So this is the sort of thing used by electric buskers?
"Even though I've found God, I still love blow jobs, and I still say fuck." - Dave Mustaine

You know, when you, like, you grab a woman's breast and it's... and you feel it and... it feels like a bag of sand when you're touching it.
Quote by Wardster
Something that would hopefully be covered by my busking - haha. So this is the sort of thing used by electric buskers?

I have no idea, I just know it will work. Any decent 12v battery and an inverter will do the job, it's not rocket surgery. What I linked just puts it in a nice package for you.

I can't even speculate as to what's available for you locally, but the "inverter-battery" solution is a simple one.
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
There are small battery powered PA systems, I'd probably run backing track off of something that has a better battery life than a PC, but if you use PC make sure you disable its power saving features when on battery so it doesn't cut on you mid-performance.
I've seen lots of buskers using regular gear powered with a car battery and an inverter. You might have to mount it to a big tricycle, a wheelchair, or a shopping cart to be taken seriously in this contest, though. Or maybe just a hand-truck that carries the whole rig.