Poll: Matching headstock or no?
Poll Options
View poll results: Matching headstock or no?
hellz yeah - why not?
15 54%
no wai, you cray.
13 46%
Voters: 28.
building a '62 RI-ish kind of strat, thing. basically a partscaster build with more than a hint of '62 RI look.

so, matching headstock or no?

the color is Sherwood-ish Green. not really sherwood green, but sorta close ish.

what say you?
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Last edited by gregs1020 at Jun 12, 2015,
Hell no

You know better greg
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
No way dude. For some reason I despise painted headstocks on anything but a LP
Guitars:
PRS Custom 24
Gibson Les Paul 60's Tribute
85' MIJ Strat
97' Snakepit Les Paul
LP Traditional 1960 Zebra
MIJ Tele
MIA Strat

Amps:
Silver Jubilee 2525
Peavey Ultra 112
Jet City JCA50H
66' Bassman
Pink Paisley Princeton RV
74' Vibro Champ
Personally I think it'd look great, but apparently I'm in the minority
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
Nope. Only a handful of colors I think the painted headstock looks good in, and that dark of a green definitely isn't one.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
I don't like matching headstocks on fenders of any colour, so not sure what help I am
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
thanks for the input guys! initially i was very against it but the more i think about it, the more i like the idea. i mean, it's nothing but a partscaster and tribute to the '62, so i think i'm more inclined to actually do it now.

it's a nice dark board.
it would help hide the truss adjustment. good call.

report on yours when you get them.
If the head wasn't so light, I'd say not but with that head I'm thinking, "paint it."
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
I reckon that would look great with a 'the strat' gold trem in it... And you have to match the headstock. Plain wood is just that, Plain.
wow ippon that looks great!
If you want a true vintage look - reranch the neck.
Gear: Gibson Les Paul Studio, Gibson SG Special, Fender Stratocaster, Fender Telecaster, Fender Jazzmaster, Gretsch Pro Jet, Carvin C350, Epiphone ES-339 P90, Epiphone ES-335 Pro. Peavey 6505, Sovtek MIG-100, Vox AC30, Peavey XXX.
I like matching headstocks. Looks a bit more custom than slapping a generic neck on a body.
Quote by Ippon

Black and Green Dye then 27 coats of Acrylic Lacquer. Gold hardware is a placeholder for Chrome; however, it has a hefty trem block so I might just leave it.

Leave the gold on. Spend some time to get rid of the orange peel, and you'll be playing as the house band at the Beverly Wilshire in no time. There and the Roosevelt.

I actually heard, "Hi. I'm too drunk to drive. Can you drive me home? I don't want to wreck my McLaren." And she was looking at me.
Last edited by dspellman at Jun 13, 2015,
^ so how did "the mclaren" drive.

and there's this.

i'm not worried about the string tree holes at this point honestly.
Last edited by gregs1020 at Jun 14, 2015,
greg, i normally am against matching headstocks, but with a very light maple, it would look better painted. i would tint it amber personally, and have it unpainted. but painted would look better than that light of a maple.

looks nice!

if you don't mind me asking, where do you get your parts? i know you are a big strat guy, how does what you are using in this build compare to different fenders in terms of quality and bang for the buck?

WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
ippon i am adding the decals, if you have a source, please share.
Quote by trashedlostfdup

if you don't mind me asking, where do you get your parts? i know you are a big strat guy, how does what you are using in this build compare to different fenders in terms of quality and bang for the buck?

the only thing i've bought for this, so far, is the neck. i am checking out some different loaded pick guards since they seem to be cheaper than putting one together from individual parts. the body is an old aria mij body i picked up a few years ago and the rest of the parts were just laying around from past strats that got parted out or upgraded etc.

what i've found with strats is that some "have it" and some are just "meh". it really doesn't matter the price point all that much once you get past the starter pack guitar level stuff. there exists great stuff, and mediocre, at every level.

if all goes well this one should be a bit better than the average MIM but not quite what a MIA would be. but i'm not looking for perfection with this thing, just a good player.
Quote by gregs1020
ippon i am adding the decals, if you have a source, please share.

the only thing i've bought for this, so far, is the neck. i am checking out some different loaded pick guards since they seem to be cheaper than putting one together from individual parts. the body is an old aria mij body i picked up a few years ago and the rest of the parts were just laying around from past strats that got parted out or upgraded etc.

what i've found with strats is that some "have it" and some are just "meh". it really doesn't matter the price point all that much once you get past the starter pack guitar level stuff. there exists great stuff, and mediocre, at every level.

if all goes well this one should be a bit better than the average MIM but not quite what a MIA would be. but i'm not looking for perfection with this thing, just a good player.

The only legit decals you can buy are $200 from MF and they come with actual Fender necks.

eBay has some or you can make your custom decals - buy water slide paper for laser or inkjet printers.
yeah i saw the ebay and etsy options. there's a guy on tgp who sells them as well.

i can't remember where i got the reborn old one i had made. can't find crap in my email from that.
update time! and you can move this to gb&c i guess.

had about a month to dry before wetsanding and a polish, so i got to it today since i was off.

she's not perfect, but we weren't going for that. it wouldn't stay perfect very long.

Looks nice. Awesome color for sure.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
nice work greg that looks badass

but I don't think it matches your grass
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
thanks guys!

here's how it looks mocked up.

that colour is giving me feelings I never knew I had

It's beautiful man.
A poem.
Quote by yoman297
no girl, movember isnt for you. shave your stache pls

I can out-bore you any day