Hi guys

I bought an mfz1 clone locally, and it was good, but when I turned it on there was an extreme amount of hiss. I returned it to the guy and bought a Chuleta from Toyroom fx. It sounds great, but there is still the hiss issue. Since it is the same, I don't have its the pedal causing it. But I'm not sure what it is. I dont have a problem at my other pedals, but the only other od I have is a ts9. I dont know if it could be something with my amp (classic 30) but I dont know. If you have any suggestions, please shoot.
Peavey Classic 30
PRS SE Custom Semi-Hollow
+some pedals
how are you powering it?

are you using your prs in your sig (humbuckers i assume)?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
A power supply issue is the first thing that jumps to my mind. Did you use the same PS with both pedals? If so, try it on one of your other pedals and see what happens.
Guitars:
PRS Custom 24
Gibson Les Paul 60's Tribute
85' MIJ Strat
97' Snakepit Les Paul
LP Traditional 1960 Zebra
MIJ Tele
MIA Strat

Amps:
Silver Jubilee 2525
Peavey Ultra 112
Jet City JCA50H
66' Bassman
Pink Paisley Princeton RV
74' Vibro Champ
It is humbuckers, and im using the joyo power supply 2. However, I also tried it with an adaptor and it did the same thing
Peavey Classic 30
+some pedals
Maybe try some batteries? It could be a long shot, but your local electricity could just be "dirty"/noisy too.

Bring your power supply and fuzz to your local store, and try out different power supplies, and see if its possibly your home electricity that mucking with your fuzz.
Caution:
This post may contain my opinion and/or inaccurate information.

Current Rig:
2006 PRS CE-24
Mesa/Boogie Mark V
Voltage S212 w/ V30's
Strymon Timeline
CMATMods Signa Drive
TC Electronics Corona & Hall of Fame
Sounds like it could be your electricity if it's happened with more than one pedal.

Normally i'd blame the Joyo supply, but since it's done it with multiple power supplies it's probably something a bit more complex.
mojostompboxes.com
If it is the electricity, would something like the voodoo labs pp2 filter it out?
Peavey Classic 30
+some pedals
Quote by George Juggles
If it is the electricity, would something like the voodoo labs pp2 filter it out?

It might.

I don't know what kind of budget you have but I would suggest a power conditioner/surge protector first.
And get the PP2+ as well when you can afford it.
The power where I live is really nasty and dirty, and I don't plug any of my stuff straight into an outlet. And when I say dirty power, its dirty everywhere in this area. Brown out, random power surges and all sorts of crap, some of which could wreak havoc or even damage my gear.
Heres a list of some power conditioners: http://www.guitarcenter.com/Power-Conditioners-Power-Supplies--Conditioners--Cords.gc
Furman is pretty much the industry standard in power conditioners.

I use the following items and my pedals and amp(s) all plug into this setup...
(Clicking on the pictures will take you to the Guitar Center listing to give you an idea of the prices).

Myself I have this (Plugs into the wall outlet):

And this here plugs into that up there:
Normally I don't recommend or buy ANY Monster products because they are a bunch of litigious assholes. They like to sue anyone that uses the word Monster in their business name. Hell, they tried to sue Disney for the movie "Monsters Inc." becsuse it had the wod "Monster" in the movie title.
My amp and he Voodoo Labs PP2+ plug into this:

Going into this:

I have run up to 16 pedals with this setup and its dead quiet.
Plus my amp going into the second one I listed.

And that's nearly $400 just to make sure I get clean and steady power.
But I would rather spend that $400 than fuck up a $900 amp head (Vox AC30CCH) and around $3000 worth of pedals.
Last edited by CodeMonk at Jun 14, 2015,
Wow, thanks. I dont have enough money for all that right now, but ill pick up a surge protector.
Peavey Classic 30
+some pedals