Poll: which of the following is better for heavy metal
Poll Options
View poll results: which of the following is better for heavy metal
schecter hellraiser c1 special
11 50%
esp ltd mh 401
11 50%
Voters: 22.
Hey guys just wanted to know which one is better for heavy metal and why?

Schecter hellraiser c1 special or esp ltd mh 401
They're basically the same as long as you're looking at both without floyds. The Hellraiser will have more tonal options due to having 2 volume controls instead of 1, but I hate the Hellraiser name. I voted 401.
Quote by Roc8995
Yes, and people still got polio and you had to crank your car up by hand and put whale oil in the lamps every night.

Things are better now.

Quote by dannyalcatraz
Style is in the hands. Taste is in the hands. But tone? Tone is in the gear.
They're made in the same factory. They're literally the same guitar, with different headstocks and logos. Slightly different neck shape as well. Try them both if you can, and see which neck you like more. If you're buying online, just get whichever you think looks cooler. They'll sound exactly the same, and both neck shapes are just fine for metal, and are both used by countless players.
Guitars
Schecter Hellraiser C-1FR, C-1 Classic, Hellraiser Hybrid Solo-II, Special Edition E-1FR-S
Orange Rockerverb 50 212
Basses
Yamaha RBX374 and Washburn MB-6
They're damn near identical instruments. Same pickups, woods, body shape, and very similar hardware.

The difference lies in the neck profile. The ESP Thin U is considerably thinner feeling than the Schecter C neck - I'd compare it to an Ibanez neck but a bit rounder and slightly thicker. Go try an LTD and a Schecter out to get an idea of which neck you like better.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by the_bi99man
They're made in the same factory. They're literally the same guitar, with different headstocks and logos. Slightly different neck shape as well. Try them both if you can, and see which neck you like more. If you're buying online, just get whichever you think looks cooler. They'll sound exactly the same, and both neck shapes are just fine for metal, and are both used by countless players.

I doubt that they are made in the same factory, the small differences would just take entirly different machines to produce them. Do you have any sources? I would love to have this verified.

From a players POV, they are indeed near-identical. Just decide on the neck contour and headstock model (6-in a row vs 3/3). Other than that, you could think about otherwise irrelevant questions like whether you like the brands image and player associations.

Good luck!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
-Jackson Soloist Std. Professional '93
DiMarzio Evolution (bridge) SD Lil' Screamin Demon (neck)

-B.C. Rich Warlock Special Edition Metal Web

-Peavey Bandit 112
As many have said, basically the same specs on both guitars, my preference would be the LTD, just based on my personal experience with the LTD and Schecter necks, I like the LTD necks better, Schecter always felt a little too chunky to me.
Quote by unnamedplayer
I doubt that they are made in the same factory, the small differences would just take entirly different machines to produce them. Do you have any sources? I would love to have this verified.

From a players POV, they are indeed near-identical. Just decide on the neck contour and headstock model (6-in a row vs 3/3). Other than that, you could think about otherwise irrelevant questions like whether you like the brands image and player associations.

Good luck!

Nope. Budget guitars like that are made using programmable CNC machines; so long as you have the CAD files used, you can load them onto any compatible CNC machine in the world and get the same shapes.

Though they're probably not made in the same factory, IIRC the LTD 401 and under are Indonesian made, and most of the Schechters are Korean.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
Quote by unnamedplayer

Good luck!

LTD Deluxe (1000 series) and the high end Schecters are made in the World Music Company's factory in South Korea. It' the same factory for PRS SE and Chapman Guitars.

This LTD and Schecter aren't made in Korea as far as I know, so they could be the same factory in Indonesia, Vietnam, China etc or they could not be.
^but PRS SE are now making some models in Indonesia. It seems Indo is the new china

But TS they are very similar if you can try them first do that, if not buy which ever you think looks best to you.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
It is the SE Standards which are made in Indonesia mate, they are a cheaper version of SE, which are made in South Korea.
Quote by N1ghtmar3C1n3ma
It is the SE Standards which are made in Indonesia mate, they are a cheaper version of SE, which are made in South Korea.

I was just noting that many guitar company's are building some models there now. and some are really good
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Robbgnarly
I was just noting that many guitar company's are building some models there now. and some are really good

Ah right, my bad. I agree on the quality of the Indonesian guitars, the SE Standards are pretty good and I had an Indonesian LTD that was brilliant for the price.
Quote by N1ghtmar3C1n3ma
Ah right, my bad. I agree on the quality of the Indonesian guitars, the SE Standards are pretty good and I had an Indonesian LTD that was brilliant for the price.

I have an Indonesian built Jackson Soloist. Not a massive fan of the stock pu's, but can't really fault the build quality.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
Quote by N1ghtmar3C1n3ma

Yeah I have a G&L ASAT that was made there and it is a pretty nice guitar.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Just to clarify for everyone, that Schecter (the Hellraiser) is most definitely made in Korea. All the Hellraisers always have been. I'm not positive about the LTD, but if it's from Korea, it's the same factory. Almost all the guitars coming from Korea, from half a dozen companies or more, are from that same factory.
Guitars
Schecter Hellraiser C-1FR, C-1 Classic, Hellraiser Hybrid Solo-II, Special Edition E-1FR-S
Orange Rockerverb 50 212
Basses
Yamaha RBX374 and Washburn MB-6
Minor differences (and build locations) are unimportant.
Neither guitar is "better" for your application.

Flip a coin.
ESP's play amazingly quick, love the necks.

Schecters are just too damn heavy and clunky feeling to me.
since when are generic vs. threads allowed.

the guitars are different.

you ask me, i would go for jackson or ibanez.

the 401 series isn't that great. the 400 IMO is much better (i owned a EC400, EC401, and an EC1000). i haven't really ever cared for schecter.

bottom line. play them and see what you like best.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/