hey guys

so, i have a guitar with a h-s-s pickup configuration. i want to replace the stock pickups with SDs and i chose the nazgul for the bridge and i want to ask which SD single coils should i use for the middle and neck positions. i've read somewhere in the internet that the SSL 6 goes with the nazgul on the 7 string side but idk if that's applicable with the 6 strings. my playing style would be mostly progressive metal, both of the single coils will be used for ambient sounds (modulated cleans, reverbs, etc) and the neck for some fat clean leads and articulated distorted lead tones.

that's all i guess.

thanks!
i haven't tried the nazguls, but normally when you're combining humbuckers with single coils you need to decide whether you want the single coils to match the output of the full humbucker, or the split humbucker. you need to work that out before you consider anything else.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
My thoughts exactly.

In addition, I have tried contacting pickup makers for their recommendations and gotten good results. Of course, they're only going to recommend their own stuff, but at least you'll have a good starting point.

I'm sure you have a list of pickups similar to the Nazgul you were considering, right? All you have to do is contact those makers as well, using those as your reference points.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Quote by Dave_Mc
i haven't tried the nazguls, but normally when you're combining humbuckers with single coils you need to decide whether you want the single coils to match the output of the full humbucker, or the split humbucker. you need to work that out before you consider anything else.

well, i think i'd go on the first one. it's not that i don't like the split humbucker but i want to start off with a full humbucker. thank you for this one!
Quote by dannyalcatraz
My thoughts exactly.

In addition, I have tried contacting pickup makers for their recommendations and gotten good results. Of course, they're only going to recommend their own stuff, but at least you'll have a good starting point.

I'm sure you have a list of pickups similar to the Nazgul you were considering, right? All you have to do is contact those makers as well, using those as your reference points.

thanks for the head's up! i'll do that right away

yeah, i did consider other SD pickups but i'm not sure if they are similar with the nazgul. kinda hooked up right now with SDs because i want to try them first before anything else i guess.