Family member caught his foot in my cable...amp slapped down to the floor face-forward. Afterwards gutar kept cutting in and out. Took amp to tech...but he told me it was the cable. In fact, it was a speaker cable, not a guitar cable. Now the guitar has such a fantastic tone...very noticeab
Makes sense. Speaker cables are not instrument cables.

And besides that, there are varying degrees of quality of instrument cables, and it absolutely affects tone.
Guitars
Schecter Hellraiser C-1FR, C-1 Classic, Hellraiser Hybrid Solo-II, Special Edition E-1FR-S
Orange Rockerverb 50 212
Basses
Yamaha RBX374 and Washburn MB-6
Makes perfect sense, speaker cables have no shielding.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
The tremolo "port" had a screw which was simply hiding the fact that it was stripped. I bought it from this guy that gave me the heebeegeebees anyway...but it sounds great, now that I'm using an actual guitar chord, not a speaker chord. Maybe I should change the power chord to the amp as well?
Quote by pointnplink
The tremolo "port" had a screw which was simply hiding the fact that it was stripped. I bought it from this guy that gave me the heebeegeebees anyway...but it sounds great, now that I'm using an actual guitar chord, not a speaker chord. Maybe I should change the power chord to the amp as well?

cord = the long skinny thing that conducts electricity.
chord = a set of two or more different notes.

Power cord = the skinny thing that plugs into the wall.
Power Chord = the root plus the fifth.