Hi guys, how are you doing? =)

So, I've been playing guitar for a long time, but it was always like "learn a song and throw the guitar away for months". My discipline to everything was really shitty. I was never serious about it, but I could play Ozzy and Pantera and it was "enough" for me. Also, I never really practiced properly, and my only goal was to play a song that I liked.

Well, after almost a year without playing, I decided that I really want to improve and become a disciplined guitar player. For the first time in my life, I'm picking up the guitar and playing at least 3 hours a day, everyday, and only practicing exercises and trying to correct my mistakes. I'm enjoying it, and I'm felling really happy with myself!

The only thing which is bothering me, is that now that I play consistently and I'm trying to push myself forward, my fretting hand and forearm muscles are kinda hurting. It's not an unbearable pain, but I feel like when I'm trying something "hard", my muscles tend to hurt, like the muscle between my thumb and my index and my forearm. It feels like "burning". I always stretch and warm up before I play, but since I've never played a lot, I don't know if this is normal muscle development or it's not supposed to happen.

Sorry if it sounds stupid, but it's really bothering me. Thanks a lot for your time. =)
Last edited by warheart91 at Jun 14, 2015,
Take it slow, and relax the problem that you're having is that your tensing up. This can develop really bad habits with your guitar playing. Just be relaxed while practicing, relaxation is the key be smooth, and focused.
As with any muscle activity it is essential to warm up before doing a work out, such as a practice session. Check on YouTube for warm up exercises. You can do some simple scales up and down the neck which will warm up the muscles and also develop some stretching exercises. Be careful not to injure yourself by overdoing it. RSIs (Repetitive Strain Injuries) can be debilitating and sometimes require surgery to correct. You do not want to go there.
I just typed "guitar warm up exercises" into the YouTube search box and got a gazillion hits.
Good Luck.