Hey guys,
So I have a BYOC "Leeds Fuzz" which is Univox Superfuzz clone that I love. However, the octave effect that is central to the superfuzz sound isn't that versatile. I love how thick and fuzzy the pedal is. Great rhythm and bluesy/rock leads. The problem is that the higher up on the fretboard you go, the more the octave effect manifests itself. This is great for some songs, but for a lot of stuff, it doesn't fit. I'd like to find a fuzz pedal that sounds similar to the superfuzz just without minus the octave effect.

TL;DR. Univox superfuzz too octavy, want a zero octavy fuzz pedal that sounds similar.

Thanks
Quote by JD Close
Piano dick had some good parts, but should have said "As the business man slowly gets boned", would have accented the whole dick feeling of the album
Check out the Way Huge Swollen Pickle
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Interesting, never heard of that company ^

Hmm, upon listening to those clips that's not what I'm looking for, too farty for me.
Quote by JD Close
Piano dick had some good parts, but should have said "As the business man slowly gets boned", would have accented the whole dick feeling of the album
Last edited by Most_Triumphant at Jun 14, 2015,
OK- I'm not too familiar with the Leeds, and the vids I saw were pretty much in line with that.

So let's try these:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ko0fjHhpT4&sns=em

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xrHoscethfc&sns=em
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
That black arts one is interesting, and closer to what I'm looking for I guess.
The spaceman is too different for me.
Man, I've never heard of these companies before. I love the non-general issue options you're giving me, thanks! Usually on a question like this you get the standard, big muff, fuzz face etc. I really appreciate that.
Quote by JD Close
Well, let's try a different approach: how would YOU describe what you're after out of your Leeds substitute?
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
What you need is a Foxx Tone Machine circuit. It's exactly what you're after and many of them come with a toggle/footswitch to turn the octave on/off.

I've got the original fluffy purple one and i've made plenty of my own, plus i've owned a couple of Univox/Shin Ei Superfuzz's and they're very very similar circuits/tones.
mojostompboxes.com
Quote by greeny23
Foxx Tone Machine

ohhh, that's raunchy. I love it. That certainly is really similar. I love it.

Since the originals look to be about $400 on ebay, do you know of any good clones?

EDIT: I guess the tone I am looking for is a thick, rich fuzz tone that can be used for solos and rhythms. Something that is raunchy (but not over the top) that can get into the vintage fuzz days. Similar to early Zep but with a little more thickness, some of the Who's live tones (superfuzz) but without that octave effect going on. I want something that sounds vintage but is slightly different. Not too different but a bit.

I'm playing a Gibson SG Classic (2 p90s) through a modded Traynor YCV20. JJ tubes and a greenback speaker.
Quote by JD Close
Quote by Most_Triumphant
ohhh, that's raunchy. I love it. That certainly is really similar. I love it.

Since the originals look to be about $400 on ebay, do you know of any good clones?

Fulltone makes one. Joyo makes one (but it's lousy).

I've built plenty if you want to email me with any questions (link in sig).
mojostompboxes.com
Which fulltone pedal is that?

Email sent via Toy Room Fx.
Quote by JD Close